Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 (/forums/showthread.php?t=751146)

jpdavis82 07-15-2014 07:36 AM

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

http://reviewfix.com/2014/07/review-...alk-madden-15/

Rex calls 15 the Turning Point himself;)

JaymeeAwesome 07-15-2014 07:43 AM

Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

At this point it's just marketing talk. I believe this game will be the best we've seen, but the madden h8ers are still going to bash the game because it's not at the level they expect it to be.

Aggies7 07-15-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome (Post 2046393082)
At this point it's just marketing talk. I believe this game will be the best we've seen, but the madden h8ers are still going to bash the game because it's not at the level they expect it to be.

Marketing or hype. It doesn't really matter until we see it in motion. I want to believe but until we actually see the game in action, the words are hard to believe based on the past. I want to believe, but am not getting my hopes up just yet.

K_GUN 07-15-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdavis82 (Post 2046393078)
http://reviewfix.com/2014/07/review-...alk-madden-15/

Rex calls 15 the Turning Point himself;)

Ian said similar words for M '10.....

also......Rex.......instead of throwing out the line.."100's of new catch animations".......make a video of them..or have marketing do it......I challenge u to back that statement up...

jpdavis82 07-15-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome (Post 2046393082)

Rex mentions that himself talking about legacy issues not being addressed will affect how the hardcore gamers see the game. He lists just about every issue left to be addressed, no other developers have done that in the past. It amazes me how everyone who has played this game so far has been really amazed, not just GC's, but literally everyone who has played it, yet those who haven't remain so skeptical. It's ok I look forward to when the game releases and reading all the reviews on here.

4thQtrStre5S 07-15-2014 08:12 AM

Hell, why doesn't anyone ask about sliders, user/cpu and penalty? how they work, what they effect, how they are interconnected, etc...I don't think any interview should go beyond the slider topic until it is settled once and for all...

Then ratings, why are they so out of whack? Do they have monkies punching in player ratings?

roadman 07-15-2014 08:27 AM

I have to give it to Rex, though, I've been in his corner(yes, even with the infamous declaration at E3) for awhile.

This is a quote that sounds like he get's it:

For our core Madden gamers, we are usually judged on an entirely different scale. They will perceive the quality of the game based on how many things or areas still need to be worked on. Long standing legacy issues like WR/DB interaction, locomotion, player gear and penalties. They want us to address all these issues and will largely judge the game based on whether this iteration of the game represents a big enough improvement year-over-year. In this regard I believe the game will be remembered as a key turning point for the franchise.

I'd like to believe this is a jump like 09 to 10, but with better implementation.

We'll see in about 6 weeks.

jpdavis82 07-15-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2046393132)
I have to give it to Rex, though, I've been in his corner(yes, even with the infamous declaration at E3) for awhile.

This is a quote that sounds like he get's it:

For our core Madden gamers, we are usually judged on an entirely different scale. They will perceive the quality of the game based on how many things or areas still need to be worked on. Long standing legacy issues like WR/DB interaction, locomotion, player gear and penalties. They want us to address all these issues and will largely judge the game based on whether this iteration of the game represents a big enough improvement year-over-year. In this regard I believe the game will be remembered as a key turning point for the franchise.

I'd like to believe this is a jump like 09 to 10, but with better implementation.

We'll see in about 6 weeks.

Rex definitely gets it, but he has taken some hits for his interview with HHG but people need to listen better. The question HHG asked was IF the license were no longer exclusive what would you say to 2K?

People heard something completely different because their ears are trained to think that way.

Rex is more in touch with the community than any developer in the past, why do I say that? Because he is listening to our requests AND following through. No other dev has laid out the legacy issues like he did, and mark my words those issues are already or will be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk