Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   EA's Face Scanning Tech (/forums/showthread.php?t=752318)

JetLife6 07-22-2014 03:27 PM

EA's Face Scanning Tech

have posted this in a few threads but I wanted to see everyone's opinion on this...

Left being 2k's scan and right being EA's scanning techniques. I think this explains why EA has a more 'cartoony' appearance in general. The article I found it from said that EA seems to work on the textures of faces after it is scanned in..and 2k seems to just capture the whole head. Explains the sort of plastic look that EA models have.

Madden's face scans never look photo realistic to me. They look great.. I can't say otherwise.. but they still look cartoony a bit

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/nb...ng-technology/

Mckinley Cash 07-22-2014 09:28 PM

Re: EA's Face Scanning Tech

Face scanning isn't AS important in a football game as it is in a basketball game, for obvious reasons. I'm more concerned, graphically, with the player models as a whole, and the textures of the uniforms.

friscob 07-22-2014 10:02 PM

I wonder how much VC it would cost to call an audible in NFL2K15

Brother3Wright 07-22-2014 10:04 PM

I'm not sure about the 2K rig, but there's one key element for EA's tech...it's portable.

Josh Gordon being scanned AT First Energy Stadium.

That was a big reason that EA has talked so much about how many faces they've gotten in this year. Instead of having guys come into their office, they can take the scanning tech anywhere they need to.

Totalpackage83 07-23-2014 02:07 AM

EA touted 100s of new face scans in Madden 25 for the Xbox One and PS4 and that was completely false advertising so we will just have to wait and see.

Aggies7 07-23-2014 02:33 AM

I will leave this open for now. But don't let this turn into a EA vs 2K thread.

I don't care if y'all talk about face scans just don't need the 100th comparison thread of the year.

GiantsFan2013 07-23-2014 09:29 AM

Not sure why they scan the entire head. They should just scan the face, which is the only part you see during the game anyways, and fill the rest up and add hair to the back. But I'm no expert, maybe they have it right.

BFem09 07-23-2014 09:39 AM

as a Dolphins fan, it was annoying that they had the wrong face/hair for Ryan Tannehill in last year's game. hopefully its fixed. they did have his cadence down though, with the GO-GO crap