Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Teams To Be Drafted By? (/forums/showthread.php?t=752949)

Connolly22 07-25-2014 10:42 AM

Teams To Be Drafted By?

Hey fellas,
I havent been on here in a couple of years, but I'm back and literally can't wait for Madden this year. I took last year off for the first time ever (I actually did it--boycotted madden for a whole year) It actually looks like it might be one of the best Maddens ever. To satisfy my Madden/NFL itch, I've been stalking these forums trying to get as much information as possible and I just cant hold back anymore after preordering the game a few days ago. I want to get started.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get the game is create myself and go through with the gauntlet and combine and stuff. I'm wondering what team do you guys think I'll end up. My player will be 24 years old-5'9'' and 180 lbs. Iplan on being pretty fast and elusive. I dont want to "choose" where I will go, but I want a team who realistically needs a running back to draft me so I will only go to teams who make sense.

The teams I'm thinking need a running back would be: Rams, Saints, Colts, Jaguars, Dolphins, Bengals, Steelers, Titans, Falcons, Chargers

Questionable teams: Jets, Cardinals, Patriots, Broncos, Browns, Giants

Who do you think would be the best fit for me, as a quick, elusive back, with some hands out of the backfield. Who needs to be younger? Who needs speed, or even just a new face on the squad. Im willing to play for any team (thats most of the fun is just finding out where I end up) but just wanted to see where you guys would think I should end up.

totalpoop 07-25-2014 10:49 AM

Re: Teams To Be Drafted By?

the titans have dexter mccluster, bishop sankey and shonn greene as their running backs, although dexter is always listed as a wideout anywhere so they could be in need of a star RB to come in.

BreakingBad2013 07-25-2014 10:59 AM

[quote=Connolly22;2046418903

The teams I'm thinking need a running back would be: Rams, Saints, Colts, Jaguars, Dolphins, Bengals, Steelers, Titans, Falcons, Chargers

Questionable teams: Jets, Cardinals, Patriots, Broncos, Browns, Giants
[/QUOTE]

Rams have Zac Stacey who may be higher rated than most expect.
Saints probably.
Colts have Brown and Richardson.
Jags yes.
Dolphins Moreno
Bengals, a lot of youth at RB, you'll be buried.
Steelers have LeVeon Bell, Lagarrette Blount, Dri Archer
Titans have a few young guys.
Falcons you could be close.
Chargers Matthews and Woodhead?

Jets have CJ2k
Cards you could compete
Patriots have two solid backs.
You could compete with Montee Ball on Broncos.
Browns, Ben Tate will be your obstacle.
Giants, probably.

Lions would be a good situation.

Connolly22 07-25-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2046418941)
Rams have Zac Stacey who may be higher rated than most expect.
Saints probably.
Colts have Brown and Richardson.
Jags yes.
Dolphins Moreno
Bengals, a lot of youth at RB, you'll be buried.
Steelers have LeVeon Bell, Lagarrette Blount, Dri Archer
Titans have a few young guys.
Falcons you could be close.

Jets have CJ2k
Cards you could compete
Patriots have two solid backs.
You could compete with Montee Ball on Broncos.
Browns, Ben Tate will be your obstacle.
Giants, probably.

Lions would be a good situation.

zac stacy is a beast i dont kow why he didnt cross my mind. He's going to be a standout this year. TrentRichardson may not be as good as everyone thinks he is, we will find out this year. I feel like the steelers could use a runningback I dont think they did very well runningfor the past few years, they may need a new pace back. You're right abut san diego..i could see the jets giving up on chris johnson if he doesnt perform well. rex ryan is capable of anything. the lions have reggie bush--i couldnt see that working unless he was always injured. Browns would be awsome because i grew up with and was very close friends with one of their running backs and we almost won a state championship in high school together so that would be a cool story

Connolly22 07-25-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totalpoop (Post 2046418917)
the titans have dexter mccluster, bishop sankey and shonn greene as their running backs, although dexter is always listed as a wideout anywhere so they could be in need of a star RB to come in.

mccluster isnt a bad player at all. kind of like a poor man's reggie bush, but I feel like Id be able to beat him out. My player is very comparable to a mccluster, and the titans just picked him up this season didnt they? i may have to pass on tennessee

BreakingBad2013 07-25-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connolly22 (Post 2046418950)
zac stacy is a beast i dont kow why he didnt cross my mind. He's going to be a standout this year. TrentRichardson may not be as good as everyone thinks he is, we will find out this year. I feel like the steelers could use a runningback I dont think they did very well runningfor the past few years, they may need a new pace back. You're right abut san diego..i could see the jets giving up on chris johnson if he doesnt perform well. rex ryan is capable of anything. the lions have reggie bush--i couldnt see that working unless he was always injured. Browns would be awsome because i grew up with and was very close friends with one of their running backs and we almost won a state championship in high school together so that would be a cool story

The Steelers will probably have two RBs ahead of your rookie. Blount was with the patriots last year, he'll be mid to high 80s after his playoffs. LeVeon Bell will be high 70s, and archer will be their change of pace, because he was the fastest player on this draft.

Trent Richardson will be 2nd on their depth chart behind Brown who had an ok season, will probably be low 80s.

You're talking about madden, they're not just going to release Crhis Johnson, he does have a two year.contract, but you won't get on the field before then.

Reggie Bush hasn't had a good rushing season in many years, you may be able to outplay him.

Connolly22 07-25-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2046419208)
The Steelers will probably have two RBs ahead of your rookie. Blount was with the patriots last year, he'll be mid to high 80s after his playoffs. LeVeon Bell will be high 70s, and archer will be their change of pace, because he was the fastest player on this draft.

Trent Richardson will be 2nd on their depth chart behind Brown who had an ok season, will probably be low 80s.

You're talking about madden, they're not just going to release Crhis Johnson, he does have a two year.contract, but you won't get on the field before then.

Reggie Bush hasn't had a good rushing season in many years, you may be able to outplay him.

you made some valid points.. Im kind of hoping to end up with the Dolphins for some reason. They arent very good, but theyre on the verge of being a very solid team if they just had a couple of years more to put something together. I like theyre uniforms too.

StevenSD 07-25-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2046418941)

Matthews is on his last year of a contract and has only had one good season, the others he's been too hurt.

Woodhead is 29 and his contract will expire when he's 31....

SD's backfield isn't as set for the future as it seems... IMO at least, and I'm a Chargers fan