Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB 14 The Show: Improve Your Hitting in Four Minutes (/forums/showthread.php?t=753776)

RaychelSnr 07-30-2014 11:06 AM

MLB 14 The Show: Improve Your Hitting in Four Minutes

Are you like me and pretty much hopeless at the plate in MLB 14 The Show more than much of the time? If so, T.J. Lauerman (@thatsportsgamer) is here to give you advice to improve your hitting in four simple minutes.

After you watch the video, please subscribe to T.J. on YouTube and follow his channel on Twitch. You can also check out T.J. on the Press Row Podcast on a regular basis!

Visit ThatSportsGamer.com.

HustlinOwl 07-30-2014 11:17 AM

Re: MLB 14 The Show: Improve Your Hitting in Four Minutes

Veteran settings so PCI is more forgiving and from looks of it HR Derby

huskerfan4life 07-30-2014 12:01 PM

wow I like that, I am going to try that with the dynamic diffuclty

Malcd9583 07-30-2014 12:20 PM

Hey how do you get the cursor? I'm new to the game and I hardly play it because I have no clue what's going on. In more of a madden 2k player.

Kirby_SCEA 07-30-2014 12:29 PM

I've recently adopted this same strategy for hitting myself. I used to just leave the PCI in the center and react to the pitch location if I liked it, but it led to inconsistent results. Now, I tend to "camp" in a part of the strike zone that is a strength of that particular hitter. So for example, if I have a batter that is a good oppo hitter and has hot zones on the outside part of the plate, I will probably set my PCI up there. If I have a power-hitting pull hitter, I usually set up like That Sports Gamer does (down and in). Hitting like this is still a definite test of skill because you have to be very disciplined not to swing at a pitch that is not where you are looking to swing, and you still have to have good timing with your swing to have solid contact.

I'm glad this video was posted. Hitting is one of the hardest things you can do in sports, and because of that it's a challenge in MLBTS, but this strategy replicates what many world-class hitters do in real life to be successful, and the cool part is that that translates to the game as well.

KBLover 07-30-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcd9583 (Post 2046431581)
Hey how do you get the cursor? I'm new to the game and I hardly play it because I have no clue what's going on. In more of a madden 2k player.

What interface do you use? If you use Timing, it won't show. For the others, it should and you can customize how it looks.

Malcd9583 07-30-2014 01:08 PM

So which one should I use?

cusefan74 07-30-2014 01:26 PM

The problem with leaving the PCI in one spot like that every pitch is, what if they don't throw it there? What if they throw it on the outside corner 3 pitches in a row and you get caught looking? I just turn the PCI off and play like that, much easier.