Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Keeper Advice (/forums/showthread.php?t=754095)

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-01-2014 09:41 PM

Keeper Advice

It's getting to that time of the year... I need some advice.

Basically, the way this league works is that you can keep two players, but you give up a draft pick for each of them. The draft pick is determined by an average of where you drafted them the prior year and where they are projected this year, and you can keep one player that would cost a top 3 round pick, and one player outside of that.

I have the first overall pick, so I'm going to be sacrificing a 3rd round pick to keep Aaron Rodgers and I will get either Matt Forte or Jamaal Charles with the 1st pick.

The 2nd keeper is where it gets interesting. I have a few candidates. Keep in mind this is NOT PPR though.

1. Antonio Brown for a 5th round pick.
2. Le'Veon Bell for an 8th round pick.
3. Julius Thomas for an 11th round pick.
4. Andrew Luck for a 10th round pick (but wouldn't make much sense considering I'm keeping Rodgers already).

I'm thinking it's between Bell and Thomas because they're both insane values, but I'm nervous because both of them seem to have nagging injuries all the time, and Bell was an average at best runner last year, so with the addition of Blount, I wonder if he might start to lose touches if he doesn't get off to a good start.

Jr. 08-01-2014 10:47 PM

Re: Keeper Advice

You said you can only keep two players, and you're already keeping Rodgers and Forte/Charles.

So aren't those your two? I'm confused

EDIT: Nevermind, I read it wrong. Personally, I would keep Luck with the 10th round pick, let Rodgers go and use the top 3 round keeper on another HB if possible. With the way the league is now, the difference between the #1 and #10 QB in fantasy is smaller than the #1 and #10 RB

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-01-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2046439158)
You said you can only keep two players, and you're already keeping Rodgers and Forte/Charles.

So aren't those your two? I'm confused

EDIT: Nevermind, I read it wrong. Personally, I would keep Luck with the 10th round pick, let Rodgers go and use the top 3 round keeper on another HB if possible. With the way the league is now, the difference between the #1 and #10 QB in fantasy is smaller than the #1 and #10 RB

It's something to consider, but in my head, I can either come away with Charles/Forte in the 1st, Rodgers in the 3rd, and Bell in the 8th/Thomas in the 11th, or I can do Charles/Forte in the first, Luck in the 10th, and leave the rest up for grabs. Luck for a 10th is ridiculous value IMO, but I feel like I gotta keep Bell or Thomas.

If I end up keeping Rodgers and Bell, I'll pretty much have QB and RB set after my first pick, and I can just focus on receivers and a good tight end for the rest of the draft pretty much.

Jr. 08-01-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy (Post 2046439209)
It's something to consider, but in my head, I can either come away with Charles/Forte in the 1st, Rodgers in the 3rd, and Bell in the 8th/Thomas in the 11th, or I can do Charles/Forte in the first, Luck in the 10th, and leave the rest up for grabs. Luck for a 10th is ridiculous value IMO, but I feel like I gotta keep Bell or Thomas.

If I end up keeping Rodgers and Bell, I'll pretty much have QB and RB set after my first pick, and I can just focus on receivers and a good tight end for the rest of the draft pretty much.

You wouldn't have another RB keeper in the 2nd or 3rd round that's better than Bell?

Assuming you do not, I would probably keep Julius Thomas. I'm not a big fan of Bell, and Thomas is likely a top 5 TE this year. Keeper leagues make it tough to gauge who is available, but I think keeping Thomas and looking elsewhere at RB could bring you better value.

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-01-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2046439233)
You wouldn't have another RB keeper in the 2nd or 3rd round that's better than Bell?

The only keepers I have that average out to the top 3 rounds are Forte and Rodgers. Forte would cost a 1st round pick, which would be silly since I can take him with my first pick anyways, and Rodgers would cost me my 3rd round pick, which I think is pretty good value.

After that, my choices are:

Roddy White - 4th round pick
Antonio Brown - 5th round pick
Stevan Ridley - 6th
TY Hilton - 7th
Jones-Drew - 7th
Bell - 8th
Mike Wallace - 8th
Andrew Luck - 10th
Julius Thomas - 11th

So basically, my choices are:

Keeper A: Rodgers, or nobody

Keeper B: Bell, Luck, Thomas, Brown

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-01-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2046439233)

Assuming you do not, I would probably keep Julius Thomas. I'm not a big fan of Bell, and Thomas is likely a top 5 TE this year. Keeper leagues make it tough to gauge who is available, but I think keeping Thomas and looking elsewhere at RB could bring you better value.

Yeah, I mean, Bell is projected as RB 2/potentially RB 1, but I honestly don't see it in a non-PPR format. He didn't run very well last year. I'm nervous he'll end up losing too many carries to Blount to be that valuable.

Jr. 08-01-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy (Post 2046439312)
Yeah, I mean, Bell is projected as RB 2/potentially RB 1, but I honestly don't see it in a non-PPR format. He didn't run very well last year. I'm nervous he'll end up losing too many carries to Blount to be that valuable.

I agree. RB is tough in a keeper league. The position is very diluted, so the guys you want won't be available (I'm surprised Charles and Forte are there), which means you'll have to reach on players in the early rounds. Thomas looks to be a huge value as an 11th round keeper. Bell looks like he could be good value in the 8th round, but I'm not counting on a top 10-15 RB season out of him.

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-01-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2046439355)
I agree. RB is tough in a keeper league. The position is very diluted, so the guys you want won't be available (I'm surprised Charles and Forte are there), which means you'll have to reach on players in the early rounds. Thomas looks to be a huge value as an 11th round keeper. Bell looks like he could be good value in the 8th round, but I'm not counting on a top 10-15 RB season out of him.

Forte is my own guy, and I ended up getting the 1st pick, so I have no reason to choose him as my keeper since I can get him with the 1st pick anyways. Charles might be available because I'm trying to convince the guy with the 2nd pick to keep someone else and just take the BPA between Charles/Forte with his own pick at #2 lol.