Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Injured Reserve in Ranked Matches (/forums/showthread.php?t=754273)

Find_the_Door 08-04-2014 12:08 AM

Injured Reserve in Ranked Matches

This is something that has bothered me for years now - if a player is injured in real life they shouldn't be usable in online ranked matches. Player matches are fine as are offline playnow, but ranked matches should utilize the most up-to-date accurate rosters.

It annoys me to no end to see someone pick a team solely to utilize a player that is injured thus making the team a contender again. I field my Cowboys with accurate rosters regardless if my opponent does or not. It doesn't reward the hardcore NFL fan than keeps up with injuries etc as when say Richard Sherman is out I should be able to exploit that matchup for that week.

Completely takes me out of a semi-realistic NFL experience and is an instant reminder that I'm playing Madden, not watching a current game. If people want to utilize injured players 24/7 they have Ultimate Team/Play Now/Unranked to do so.

I will not be utilizing Sean Lee at all this season as he's out for the season. I'm playing with the 2014-2015 Dallas Cowboys. Their best defensive player is missing IRL and it is a challenge they have to overcome, not to mention have to scheme around. Madden should challenge players to do the same - what's the point of updating backups that are playing well in their place if no one uses them anyways?

azdawgpound 08-04-2014 11:26 AM

Re: Injured Reserve in Ranked Matches

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka (Post 2046444457)
This is something that has bothered me for years now - if a player is injured in real life they shouldn't be usable in online ranked matches. Player matches are fine as are offline playnow, but ranked matches should utilize the most up-to-date accurate rosters.

It annoys me to no end to see someone pick a team solely to utilize a player that is injured thus making the team a contender again. I field my Cowboys with accurate rosters regardless if my opponent does or not. It doesn't reward the hardcore NFL fan than keeps up with injuries etc as when say Richard Sherman is out I should be able to exploit that matchup for that week.

Completely takes me out of a semi-realistic NFL experience and is an instant reminder that I'm playing Madden, not watching a current game. If people want to utilize injured players 24/7 they have Ultimate Team/Play Now/Unranked to do so.

I will not be utilizing Sean Lee at all this season as he's out for the season. I'm playing with the 2014-2015 Dallas Cowboys. Their best defensive player is missing IRL and it is a challenge they have to overcome, not to mention have to scheme around. Madden should challenge players to do the same - what's the point of updating backups that are playing well in their place if no one uses them anyways?

I agree with this 100% its useless to even put the player on IR because they can still be used.

I play like u if a players injuried I play with the back up's..... but then if they did fix it to where u couldn't use a star player because their on the IR ppl would complain.

Find_the_Door 08-04-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azdawgpound (Post 2046445163)
I agree with this 100% its useless to even put the player on IR because they can still be used.

I play like u if a players injuried I play with the back up's..... but then if they did fix it to where u couldn't use a star player because their on the IR ppl would complain.

I know, but it's seriously one of the only reasons that I really enjoy the other basketball offering as much as I do.

Chiefsfan881129 08-04-2014 12:23 PM

Agreed EA needs to fix this as its cheesers city 1 thing not meny people talk about in regards to this.

Is how unstoppable a player on IR is in game I played a game last year where Jo Michael Finley was injured and on ir and some typical cheeser put him in his lineup and no matter what defense or play u run ya simply can't stop it.

I've done a few test runs with friends in unranked matches and we all used different play books and tried out injured players and all became this short of superhuman unstoppable like always wide open and everything.

So I tried playing games against people online and had no issues stopping anyone so it seems there some super human glitch that occurs when using an IR guy and that guy using green bay exploited it. I even tried to manually cover him and couldn't and it's the only guy he would go to.. so I'm in agreement EA needs to fix it to where cheesers can no longer use ir players they used to have this future in online play but the community cried and moaned cuz they couldn't use injured players so they tater to the cheesers and remove the ir restrictions bad idea and now us legit players are paying for it. I think it's time they bring that restriction back for the better of the game. And while there at it bring back the fair play settings and I can assure you online play will be fun again. Having these 2 things back in ps2 days made online fun cuz u knew u were going to get a clean even fair game anybody could Win. Oh how I miss those good old days. Hope to someday see that day return. Go chiefs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Find_the_Door 08-04-2014 12:47 PM

Yeah I remember the years Romo's went down - I've won many ranked matches with the likes of Stephen McGee, Kitna, Brad Johnson, Orton.

thinkjoey 08-04-2014 02:38 PM

probably because it would create more work for EA

Like what if a player was taken off IR, but EA did not catch it yet...would be annoying if you could not play with them

Would be nice to have an option that both players much agree to that would make the rosters accurate to the time period

Find_the_Door 08-04-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkjoey (Post 2046445648)
probably because it would create more work for EA

Like what if a player was taken off IR, but EA did not catch it yet...would be annoying if you could not play with them

Would be nice to have an option that both players much agree to that would make the rosters accurate to the time period

Yeah I'm sure that will happen inevitably (guys incorrectly left on IR) but overall I feel the experience would be much better (better variety of players used/encountered).

They also could temporarily dock the injured players ratings while on IR? When he returns they could dock his stamina for two weeks or so while he's getting back into football shape? Those would be cool.

Letemburn 08-04-2014 05:05 PM

Ehh I rarely play ranked games anymore. See no point in it really when you can play someone from here in a SIM unranked game rather then the crap you get from ranked games.

I guess i do understand for those that enjoy ranked matches though.