Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Unorthodox Offense/Defense schemes? (/forums/showthread.php?t=754626)

JO122194 08-06-2014 08:49 PM

Unorthodox Offense/Defense schemes?

What's up guys, every year in my CFM i create a coach and try to develop a system that isn't in the NFL or wouldn't work in the NFL and try to build a roster that makes it happen. An example that I have done in the past is a hybrid power run where every position (excluding O-Line) on any play could take a hand off and I ran 85% of the time. On defense, I've tried a heavy blitz where I would move fast LB's to Safety and have them blitz every play. My question to you is does anyone else do this/what are some other type of dream schemes you can come up with? It adds another level of difficulty and fun to the game. Just to make clear this is offline CFM, i would never do this to someone online, that would be horrible.

Dr Death 08-06-2014 10:25 PM

Re: Unorthodox Offense/Defense schemes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JO122194 (Post 2046454110)
What's up guys, every year in my CFM i create a coach and try to develop a system that isn't in the NFL or wouldn't work in the NFL and try to build a roster that makes it happen. An example that I have done in the past is a hybrid power run where every position (excluding O-Line) on any play could take a hand off and I ran 85% of the time. On defense, I've tried a heavy blitz where I would move fast LB's to Safety and have them blitz every play. My question to you is does anyone else do this/what are some other type of dream schemes you can come up with? It adds another level of difficulty and fun to the game. Just to make clear this is offline CFM, i would never do this to someone online, that would be horrible.

I haven't done that w/ Madden because I haven't played Madden since 2008 - I play NCAA '14 - but one thing that I wish was properly implemented is the 46 Defense. The TRUE Buddy Ryan 46 defense was so much more than what is in the game that it just pains me. Since his two sons are now coaching in the NFL, you would think they would do something to get the defense correct, but alas, it's no different than when EA said the Run & Shoot and Air Raid offenses were coming to NCAA... and yet only a small handful of plays from either offense is actually in the game.

I understand that with today's offenses the 46 isn't used as much as when Buddy was coaching, but it still persists in the NFL, with teams like the Jets, Rams (Fisher is from the Ryan tree) and wherever Rob Ryan is coaching, be it Oakland, Cleveland or Dallas.

As far as unorthodox schemes... how about they give us a game that has everything in it that a football game should have, then we can begin talking schemes!

DSThom 08-07-2014 12:39 AM

I always heavily customize my play books to best use the players I have on my roster in Madden. One of the reasons I've keep playing HC09 so many years is that you can make your own plays, and after two or three seasons I always find myself calling my own plays more than 90% of the time. The result is a Frankfurter system and scheme.

WickedFastball 08-07-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Death (Post 2046454405)
but one thing that I wish was properly implemented is the 46 Defense. The TRUE Buddy Ryan 46 defense was so much more than what is in the game that it just pains me.

Yea, if I remember the true 46 had all three linebackers line up together on the strong side, but when you look at the formation in Madden it has at least two LB's playing weak side coverage. I think they were going for a 4-6 style defense, but the "46" doesn't mean 4-6.

atom27 08-07-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JO122194 (Post 2046454110)
Just to make clear this is offline CFM, i would never do this to someone online, that would be horrible.

Why not online? your opponents job is to defeat you. you must defeat *him* to win. Is your scheme cheese? I dont think so. its got weakness to quick flankers on D, and weak against big Ds on offense (think 4-4 and house blitzes)

which is your caveat? you think its too strong or too weak online?

i plan on going run heavy too, maybe ace base (hah) with the Eagles.. running left the majority of the time. Chip Kelly will show something similar i bet this season with half the WR in walking boots as of this writing.. three headed monster HBs and 2 TEs and an awesome playaction.. kinda reminds me of Cowhers Stillers :y11: