Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Does anyone know if Phil Sims is still going to be a diiick in this years version? (/forums/showthread.php?t=755021)

glp 08-09-2014 05:05 PM

Does anyone know if Phil Sims is still going to be a diiick in this years version?

I really liked last years version and I didn't really play it enough to ware it out. And for the most part, with just a forced trade or two, I can set up my Lions pretty realistically. As far as lineups go. But....I can't stand listening to Phil Sims slamming every single player out there play after play. Peyton Manning throws an incomplete pass and he's all over him saying how stupid he is.

Any ideas if he's gone or if they've gave him some lexipro or something.

My one wish for this series would be that you could eliminate individual broadcasters. Sooo, the other guy could announce, but not have constant jabbering.

WickedFastball 08-09-2014 05:16 PM

Re: Does anyone know if Phil Sims is still going to be a diiick in this years version

You have to realize that he is basically reading from a script, and even if those comments were not scripted, they were PUT into the game by the EA devs, so I wouldn't go far enough as to call HIM names for saying it.
The constant repeating of the comments is what gets really tiring to me.

oneamongthefence 08-09-2014 05:18 PM

Re: Does anyone know if Phil Sims is still going to be a diiick in this years version

The game needs better contextual awareness with its commentary.

Desolationmike 08-09-2014 05:27 PM

Phil Simms is the worst. He literally has no middle ground, a bad play is the worst thing in history, a good play is the greatest thing in history. He's like that even in real life, I can't stand watching CBS because of him. Combine him with Jim Nantz's silly lilting voice and it's IMO the worst commentary duo, even Chris Collinsworth was better and that's saying a lot.

friscob 08-09-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedFastball (Post 2046463424)
You have to realize that he is basically reading from a script, and even if those comments were not scripted, they were PUT into the game by the EA devs, so I wouldn't go far enough as to call HIM names for saying it.
The constant repeating of the comments is what gets really tiring to me.

Hes condescending and a douche in the game. No need to church it up or look for something else to blame like a script or ea. I guarantee he gets quite a bit of creative freedom when it comes to his lines.

I remember a thread from last ur where everyone listed his worst comments

Toupal 08-09-2014 05:32 PM

I actually lol'ed when I read this title.

But I hear ya!

Sheba2011 08-09-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glp (Post 2046463395)
I really liked last years version and I didn't really play it enough to ware it out. And for the most part, with just a forced trade or two, I can set up my Lions pretty realistically. As far as lineups go. But....I can't stand listening to Phil Sims slamming every single player out there play after play. Peyton Manning throws an incomplete pass and he's all over him saying how stupid he is.

Any ideas if he's gone or if they've gave him some lexipro or something.

My one wish for this series would be that you could eliminate individual broadcasters. Sooo, the other guy could announce, but not have constant jabbering.

Have you ever listened to Phil Simms in real life? He is one of the worst broadcasters in sports.

kcchiefs1984 08-09-2014 05:34 PM

It sounded like he will say the same stuff he has said since he originally put in the game. With fairness though, I have heard only limited commentary. I definitely heard him say the line about being a running team and having to just keep pounding it in there.