Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Contiuing Franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=756256)

BadAssHskr 08-15-2014 02:58 PM

Contiuing Franchise

Do you think EA is thinking far enough in advance on this one?

I had read at some point that one of the current games allows you to continue an ongoing franchise from one years game to the next.

Just thinking out loud, but wonder if EAs out in front on this.

The older some of us get the less time we get to play with kids, wives and the such. Thhink it might be beneficial to be able to continue your career from '15 on into '16 and being able to take advantage of all the new features added without having to start completly over.

scottysivley 08-15-2014 03:06 PM

Re: Contiuing Franchise

that's a great idea

bradhump21 08-15-2014 03:46 PM

MLB 14 TS does this...excellent feature. That would bring a whole new dynamic to CFM for sure

bcruise 08-15-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssHskr (Post 2046482389)
Do you think EA is thinking far enough in advance on this one?

I had read at some point that one of the current games allows you to continue an ongoing franchise from one years game to the next.

Just thinking out loud, but wonder if EAs out in front on this.

The older some of us get the less time we get to play with kids, wives and the such. Thhink it might be beneficial to be able to continue your career from '15 on into '16 and being able to take advantage of all the new features added without having to start completly over.

I'd think they would have announced this if it were the case.

Honestly I'm still not sure how "that game" is going to pull this off, while still improving the game. Say a later version introduced different ratings - how would you combine those with the save files and rosters from the older game? Seems like a logistics nightmare.

Obviously they have a plan in mind (and maybe they're happy enough with the rating structure that currently exist and don't plan to change it), but there's still a whole bunch of question marks in my head about exactly how this is going to work.

BadAssHskr 08-15-2014 04:03 PM

Not expecting it this year, however in next years game, on the near future.

I know making it work would be no picnic, but with online cfm id think it could be doable.

Like posted, the show does his already, so its not like the wheel has to be reinvented.

bcruise 08-15-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssHskr (Post 2046482563)
Not expecting it this year, however in next years game, on the near future.

I know making it work would be no picnic, but with online cfm id think it could be doable.

Like posted, the show does his already, so its not like the wheel has to be reinvented.

Technically, they haven't yet. This was the first year they announced they were doing this - it's not really going to come into play until Show 15 drops. All they've done with 14 is laid the groundwork for it (whatever that entails).

That's why I'm unsure of how they're going to make it work.

JaymeeAwesome 08-15-2014 04:11 PM

I can only see this possible for player CFM. Coach and owner doesn't seem like it would work well.

Mauer4MVP 08-15-2014 04:12 PM

After a year goes by, I kind of want to start a new franchise. Especially in Madden. In NCAA, I could see since players leave in 4 years.