Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   CFM Rules to keep league competitive (/forums/showthread.php?t=756499)

Dbsmith22 08-18-2014 10:34 AM

CFM Rules to keep league competitive

I was wondering what rules you all have in place for your CFM leagues to keep them competitive thru the years. We have 6 people in our league and last year by year 3 the CPU was terrible because we took all the good players and draft picks. Do you all have trade limits? No rookie trading? Just trying to hear from other leagues out there on what you all do to keep it fun.

Thanks!

Birdman18 08-18-2014 10:45 AM

Re: CFM Rules to keep league competitive

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbsmith22 (Post 2046490087)
I was wondering what rules you all have in place for your CFM leagues to keep them competitive thru the years. We have 6 people in our league and last year by year 3 the CPU was terrible because we took all the good players and draft picks. Do you all have trade limits? No rookie trading? Just trying to hear from other leagues out there on what you all do to keep it fun.

Thanks!

Trades limited to 1 a year but can only be with another user

scafficj 08-18-2014 11:55 AM

Because of draft guides we limited all trading to users only. We also had rules limiting signing of certain upper level street free agents to cpu teams during the preseason and during the first 4 weeks of the regular season to limit guys picking up 85+ rated players that were dropped by the cpu.

With 15 having random draft classes we hope to be able to open up trading a little bit.

StayPlation82 08-18-2014 12:20 PM

no punting, no field goals, no extra points...thank me later.

thinkjoey 08-18-2014 12:49 PM

only 2 first round picks at any time - you cannot have 3 and trade 1 of the either

Sheba2011 08-18-2014 02:58 PM

I only do one online league and it's with guys I have known since HS, we also do FF together. We have a few rules in place. First off all trades must be approved by a league majority vote (done by email) before they are approved. We don't limit draft picks but we do limit rookie trades, no rookies drafted in the first 4 rounds can be traded in the first 2 years after they are drafted. We only had one problem with someone using draft guides so that was never really an issue.

ManiacMatt1782 08-19-2014 01:16 PM

Waiver for free agents during the season is a a rule I have in one with my friends. we use inverse order of power rankings to decide. People send a message to the commissioner on who they wish to sign. Person furthest down the power rankings gets him. If your request was denied due to a claim outranking yours the commish messages the user back and asks him if he wants someone else.