Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 15: CoachGlass Coming to PS4 Alongside Xbox One (/forums/showthread.php?t=756572)

Steve_OS 08-18-2014 05:04 PM

Madden NFL 15: CoachGlass Coming to PS4 Alongside Xbox One

It appears Xbox One users won't have CoachGlass exclusively anymore, EA Sports announced today that PlayStation 4 users will get the feature this year as well.

For those who may not be familiar with the feature, CoachGlass is a second-screen experience that is compatible with most smartphones and tablets. As EA says, "The experience is catered for the player who really wants that added layer of information about an opponent."

Here are some of the highlights, check out the video here.
  • Whole New Look - The goal with the new system was to feed data that enhances the Madden game experience without distracting from the on-field action. To do this, we created a system that incorporates colorized charts to make information easily digestible.
  • All About Tendencies-Another goal was to bring some balance to a CoachGlass System that was primarily a defensive tool in year one. We learned that most CoachGlass users already have a basic idea of football strategy, and want that next layer of information that keeps them one step ahead of their opponent.
  • Taking the Next Step- In the first implementation of CoachGlass, users had the ability to call plays from the device but were limited to only having defensive playcall suggestions. We’ve now evened the playing field and made offensive suggestions available as well. Another small win was including the QB in the list of offensive players currently on the field.
Be sure to let us know if you are excited about CoachGlass, and also be sure to check out the full article on EA Sports' website.

CM Hooe 08-18-2014 05:07 PM

Re: Madden NFL 15 Feature Deep Dive: CoachGlass

Remind me, is CoachGlass exclusive to XBOX One, or does the PS4 allow for second screen functionality with games?

I'm still a new PS4 owner, but this added layer of information gathering by the game is of interest to me if it's available to me. This is significantly better than I remember the first pass at CoachGlass being on the 360, in theory.

CM Hooe 08-18-2014 05:11 PM

Okay, answering my own question. Per @PastaPadre:

Quote:

Originally Posted by @PastaPadre
CoachGlass for Madden NFL 15 will be available on both XB1 and PS4. Last year it was only on the One.

I am pleased with this development.

RebelHog 08-18-2014 05:18 PM

Sick. 10char

TheSaints7 08-18-2014 05:40 PM

Is this for Offline CFM too?

swimfunk 08-18-2014 05:51 PM

hopefully this works in online CFM

SmashMan 08-18-2014 05:53 PM

Re: Madden NFL 15: CoachGlass Coming to PS4 Alongside Xbox One

Not sure how well this worked last year as I don't own an XBOX One, but I'm interested in giving it a shot this year on PS4 and seeing how it is.

juduking 08-18-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaints7 (Post 2046491551)
Is this for Offline CFM too?

Yes, I used coach glass last year in my CFM to help me with strategy. Its a neat little feature, non essential, but neat.