Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 15 Hiring/Firing a Coach (/forums/showthread.php?t=756714)

jethrobag 08-19-2014 03:53 PM

Madden 15 Hiring/Firing a Coach

In reading the info about new options in Madden 15, it was stated that you can hire and fire the coach mid year. I know that coordinators are not in this year, so who takes over as coach?
Also, if anyone know what options are available after the season for new coaches I would love to know. Having all the fake coaches available for hire just kills the realism as does a Mike Ditka from 30 years ago.

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!

BreakingBad2013 08-19-2014 04:05 PM

Re: Madden 15 Hiring/Firing a Coach

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethrobag (Post 2046494792)
In reading the info about new options in Madden 15, it was stated that you can hire and fire the coach mid year. I know that coordinators are not in this year, so who takes over as coach?
Also, if anyone know what options are available after the season for new coaches I would love to know. Having all the fake coaches available for hire just kills the realism as does a Mike Ditka from 30 years ago.

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!

I'm assuming you have to hire a coach before you continue on with the season. . . whoever is in the coaching pool, is who you hire.

jethrobag 08-19-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2046494819)
I'm assuming you have to hire a coach before you continue on with the season. . . whoever is in the coaching pool, is who you hire.

That's my point, typically a team that fires it's coach midseason promotes an assistant to the job of interim head coach for the remainder of the year. If there are no coordinators in the game, where does the coach come from? Hiring a coach from outside the organization mid year is silly and unrealistic. That never happens in the NFL.
Just wondering if anyone had any specifics on this since it was mentioned as a new option for cfm.

BreakingBad2013 08-19-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethrobag (Post 2046494825)
That's my point, typically a team that fires it's coach midseason promotes an assistant to the job of interim head coach for the remainder of the year. If there are no coordinators in the game, where does the coach come from? Hiring a coach from outside the organization mid year is silly and unrealistic. That never happens in the NFL.
Just wondering if anyone had any specifics on this since it was mentioned as a new option for cfm.

The coach comes from the pool of available coaches. If there's no DC OC STC, then I'm going on a whim, and saying you will be able to hire coaches that aren't currently coaching a team. Maybe Cowher or Dungy, maybe created coaches. Its the only logical possibility. Unless they use all of the DC and OCs and throw them into the Coaching FA Pool, but doubt it.

EmpireWF 08-19-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethrobag (Post 2046494825)

So hire the new coach but make belief he's an interim HC and either keep or replace him in the offseason.

jethrobag 08-19-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2046494829)
The coach comes from the pool of available coaches. If there's no DC OC STC, then I'm going on a whim, and saying you will be able to hire coaches that aren't currently coaching a team. Maybe Cowher or Dungy, maybe created coaches. Its the only logical possibility. Unless they use all of the DC and OCs and throw them into the Coaching FA Pool, but doubt it.

It would be great if Dungy or Cowher made it in. Last year it was Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, or Brian billick. The first two are not realistic at all, and Billick had a weird glitch that made it look like there was a portal opening on top of his head. I would just like to see some realistic options for hiring a head coach. When coordinators were in the game, at least you could hire another teams coordinator as head coach. It gave the franchise mode a little more realism.

themoneyteam1212 08-19-2014 08:27 PM

I hope Mike Ditka is in

Skyboxer 08-19-2014 08:29 PM

I did test I did before work.. I fired my HC mid season (Can only fire HC , Trainer and Scout)
and I only had 9 people I could hire, including the coach I just fired.
All fake coaches also.