Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   EAGLES NEW PLAYBOOK? (/forums/showthread.php?t=756872)

thomguy123 08-20-2014 03:52 PM

EAGLES NEW PLAYBOOK?

Has anyone who has the game tried out the new Pilly PB? It's got more Chip Kelly-esque concepts and formations, like the double stack, tackle over, etc. What do you think of it?

BreakingBad2013 08-20-2014 04:16 PM

Re: EAGLES NEW PLAYBOOK?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomguy123 (Post 2046498202)
Has anyone who has the game tried out the new Pilly PB? It's got more Chip Kelly-esque concepts and formations, like the double stack, tackle over, etc. What do you think of it?

I didn't see it in the playbook but,
I was hoping they would have this formation:

Would have been really exciting to run some screens out of that

atom27 08-20-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2046498260)

Triple Stack

Not in M15

thomguy123 08-20-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2046498260)

The Emory & Henry formation? No, they don't have that, I'm 99% sure. They do have the double stack though, which achieves the same purpose as this. You might have seen Okie St. or WVU run it in college; it's where there's two receivers each on the far sides of the hash, with one on the LOS and one 2-3 yards directly behind him.

It's the same concept, but without the A-11 philosophy of the Emory & Henry.

thomguy123 08-20-2014 05:10 PM

With this, while I think that the screens on the run plays are dummy routes, you can use audibles to your advantage. So if you come out with dbl stack screens and the defense is covering the receivers two-on-two on both sides, you can quickly audible to the inside zone with fake screens, which should give you the 5-on-5 advantage in the box. It's like real football, but in real life it's all in the same play.

BreakingBad2013 08-20-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomguy123 (Post 2046498472)
The Emory & Henry formation? No, they don't have that, I'm 99% sure. They do have the double stack though, which achieves the same purpose as this. You might have seen Okie St. or WVU run it in college; it's where there's two receivers each on the far sides of the hash, with one on the LOS and one 2-3 yards directly behind him.

It's the same concept, but without the A-11 philosophy of the Emory & Henry.

Yeah, but those two tackles out there for blockers, Peters and Lane Johnson are both very athletic; would do some DAMAGE! lol

BreakingBad2013 08-20-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomguy123 (Post 2046498487)
With this, while I think that the screens on the run plays are dummy routes, you can use audibles to your advantage. So if you come out with dbl stack screens and the defense is covering the receivers two-on-two on both sides, you can quickly audible to the inside zone with fake screens, which should give you the 5-on-5 advantage in the box. It's like real football, but in real life it's all in the same play.

It would be tough to break up the screen, you have a WR and OT in front of your screen WR. . . You'd need 3 guys on both edges, gives you only 5 players for the rest of the play. Thats taking 6 players out of the middle of the field. If LeSean or Sproles motioned out on a LB, it would be game over lol

thomguy123 08-20-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2046498527)
It would be tough to break up the screen, you have a WR and OT in front of your screen WR. . . You'd need 3 guys on both edges, gives you only 5 players for the rest of the play. Thats taking 6 players out of the middle of the field. If LeSean or Sproles motioned out on a LB, it would be game over lol

Yeah, it's a great A11 concept...but EA probably won't touch it for a while...too much effort.