Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory... (/forums/showthread.php?t=756910)

icicle22 08-21-2014 08:46 AM

Re: Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

Madden 93 seemed to be the high point for the series back in the day. 4 of us formed a league and put money in a fund and played an entire 16 game season. We won the money back for certain things like winning the super bowl, most yard rushing, passing etc. We even kept track of all these stats in an old fashioned paper ledger book. We created a "media guide" called the GFL (genesis football league) which tracked our historic stats and such. Great times.

The game has obviously gotten better but sometimes it's the experiences that you remember more than the technical aspects. Shortly after that we all got married and got jobs and while I enjoy gaming still....it's not the same.

You young ones enjoy it while you can!!!

Mav3rek7 08-21-2014 08:53 AM

First: Madden '93 maybe, or somewhere around there. Loved Madden from the first time I played it, and loved watching the ambulance come screeching onto the field knocking everyone out of it's way.

Greatest: I really liked it when the franchise had the pre-season training camps where you could take a player and work on a particular skill. I would always wait until the 7th round of the draft, and take the fastest receiver left. Usually they had a 97 speed, but their catching rating was God awful. First thing I would do is switch them to a DB, and then take them to the training camp and work on their hands year after year. Then I would play as the DB on defense and dominate. Save the highlights to my PS2 memory card and relive them from time to time. That was the most fun I ever had with Madden.

TexasFan2005 08-21-2014 08:56 AM

Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

First Madden memory: Madden 64

My parents took me to Target to get Quarterback Club 98 because I had been spending too much time at my neighbor's house playing the crap out of it. QB Club had just come out during those recent weeks and they were sold out of it, and the attendant said "well, we have this other game called Madden, but it doesn't have the real teams or players." Being as impatient that I was, and the fact that Madden was the only available football game in town (lol), I decided I needed my football gaming fix immediately, so I went with Madden instead of waiting a few days.

My "best" memory of Madden was after getting so hyped with Madden 06 on 360, playing it for few months, and ultimately being disappointed with the leap to those consoles, I went back to Madden 06 on ps2 and felt a relief to how great those versions were: responsive controls, tony bruno, etc

Mauer4MVP 08-21-2014 09:07 AM

My best memory is going over to my cousins and doing a rebuild with an awful fantasy draft. So many hours into building a team. Lol whenever we got the team built up to a consistent winner we got bored and started over.

I know that isn't a single memory or a single instance, but that is what I think of when I think of Madden.

Anaxamander 08-21-2014 10:18 AM

Madden 2003 was the first I actually owned and got into hardcore.

I had a franchise with the Jaguars that I'll always remember. In the second season, it seemed like every game went down to the wire and was decided by a crazy play by Mark Brunell or Fred Taylor.

In week 15, my Jags were tied with Indy and Tennessee, all at 9-5. I lost a heartbreaker head to head with the Colts, and then saw that the Titans won, so I pretty much knew I was out of the playoffs.

Next week, I won against the Texans, so I had a glimmer of hope, and lo and behold, the Titans lost to the Giants and the Colts lost to the Chargers, which put us all three at 10-6. I was thrilled! I had split wins with both the Colts and Titans, so I wasn't exactly sure how the tie-breaker worked, but I thought I would probably make it.

I was wrong. Colts and Titans both got in at 10-6, and I was out in the cold. I was a little salty for a while, but I got over it. I think that's when I fell in love with franchise mode.

ThatMichiganFan 08-21-2014 04:31 PM

First Madden: I got a PS2 and Madden 05 for Christmas and as a kid I thought it was the greatest game of all time.

Greatest Moment: I made a WR superstar in Madden 09 (I miss that mode soo much) and did well enough to made the Hall of Fame after 2 seasons

thinkjoey 08-21-2014 05:23 PM

i must have been 8-10 so 98 - 2000

i had my nintendo 64 and it was christmas...the only thing I got was Madden and I played that as much as I could

I did not complain...Madden was all I needed.

Choc1ateTHUND3R 08-21-2014 05:28 PM

First: Madden 01 on PS2. I was 5 and I begged my older brothers to let me play, after hours of begging they thought me but the only play I ran was 28 sweep with Warrick Dunn.

Best: After years of losing to my brothers, Madden 09 came out and I was able to not only beat them but also humiliate them while I celebrate in the endzone.