Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory... (/forums/showthread.php?t=756910)

Skyboxer 08-22-2014 08:10 AM

Re: Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

Madden Apple IIe
God I loved that game.
Many many hours with family playing season after season

Reed1417 08-22-2014 08:53 AM

First-The first Christmas I can remember I got a SNES (my parents got that instead of the N64) Madden 95 man. That was my first game and I've loved sports since that day.
Greatest-When I finally beat my friend Nick in a game of Madden. Me and him always had a friendly rivalry when it came to Madden. He would ALWAYS beat me I swear and some days he would just blow me out, other days we had close games. Finally one day I beat him when I was over his house just hanging out...I believe I was about 12. Sadly I forget which Madden it was but the point is I finally got my win damnit!! Hahaha!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

BleedGreen710 08-22-2014 09:46 AM

My greatest madden memory has to be a 31 point 2nd half comeback I pulled off in a playoff game of a long running franchise I had with a team I created. Their QB was injured early and lowly backup QB Dave Ragone comes in and somehow lights it up. Their offense could not be stopped and I couldn't get anything going.

It all changed in the 3rd quarter when a few plays started going my way and I brought life into the stadium, and more importantly, hope. The final minutes I will never forget, I was so nervous, excited, and just so immersed in the action.. like it was my favorite team playing in real life. I've never quite been able to replicate that feeling on a Madden game, but hopefully someday I can.

Here is the entire 2nd half on video, its about 15 minutes long. Definitely worth the watch.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Vki8HFGEWzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I still get chills watching this.

Lisac 08-22-2014 12:18 PM

Has to be when the ambulance comes onto the field and they have to put the guy on the stretcher! Simply classic!

Haze88 08-22-2014 12:26 PM

First memory: Playing Madden 98 on my computer as a three year old. I never figured out extra points so I would punt through the uprights every PAT

Greatest: Madden 2001 finally beating my older cousin who dominated me in Madden for about two years and the various team rivalries we've had over the years between Rams/Ravens, Rams/Vikings, Eagles/Falcons and Eagles/Saints

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-22-2014 12:54 PM

My two favorite moments:

Madden 2001 I think (right around then anyways). I was controlling the Bucs and had a pretty solid team, but my starting QB went down with an injury after a 1-4 start. My backup and 3rd stringer both went down the following game as I fell to 1-5. So I was forced to play my 7th round draft pick, who was somewhere in the 50s or low 60s overall wise (and a rare lefty). He ended up leading my team on a huge run and we snuck into the playoffs. We made it to the NFC championship game before my starter finally came back from injury, but I stuck with my 7th round guy and ended up winning the Super Bowl. A couple years later, he had gone from his low rating to the upper 90s and was a perennial MVP candidate. That was my first and probably one of my favorite madden memories.

#2 would be a couple years ago when I moved Cleveland to Boston and created the Boston Browns. Led by Vonnie Mendenhall at HB and Michael Bolt at QB, Boston became a dynasty. Finally, when Mendenhall and Bolt were in what I expected to be their last years, we made it back to the Super Bowl and found ourselves losing by 4 with 1:30 remaining. We marched down to the 5 yard line and I called my final timeout with just a couple seconds left. On the final play, I ended up rolling out to my left and was able to run it in with Michael Bolt to win the Super Bowl. Mendenhall and Bolt ended up going out on top and both were inducted to the Hall of Fame. That was the last time I really was invested in a madden game. Haven't been able to immerse myself that way the last couple years.

Unlucky 13 08-22-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haze88 (Post 2046504489)
First memory: Playing Madden 98 on my computer as a three year old. I never figured out extra points so I would punt through the uprights every PAT

Greatest: Madden 2001 finally beating my older cousin who dominated me in Madden for about two years and the various team rivalries we've had over the years between Rams/Ravens, Rams/Vikings, Eagles/Falcons and Eagles/Saints

Some of you guys make me feel really old, lol. Fall of 98 was my 4th year of college.

BadAssHskr 08-22-2014 01:11 PM

This will sound crazy...

Madden 15 is my first and greatest memory. true i've played it in the past, for years and years and years, but once NCAA came around i was always NCAA first, deep into my dynasty to busy doing my own thing.

Sure i've bought madden every year just to have it, but rarely did i play.

This year, with anticipation, i followed the madden forums, paid attention to madden, and as i fired up EA Access last night i had that NCAA release day excitement, it was a new game, it was fun, i was eager to dive in, and i enjoyed it as i never have in the past.

That being said, friends and i have spent some very memorable hours playing each other in prior versions, but this year i'm making the game my own, my own franchise, my own team, and i truly am beside myself to play this game.