Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory... (/forums/showthread.php?t=756910)

A ONE MAN R ME 08-22-2014 01:40 PM

Re: Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

Madden 2002, N64.

12 year old me had been dominated by my older cousin for years of playing Madden. I believe I was down by 3 with 1 second left. I'm on defense. He completes a big pass play and is taunting his way into the end zone with 0 time left on the clock(He was always a cocky SOB). I tackle him from behind and he fumbles. I recover the ball and return it 100 yards to win the game. I have completely dominated him in Madden since that point. I believe I ripped out a small piece of his soul in that moment.

Haze88 08-22-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan (Post 2046501794)
First Madden: I got a PS2 and Madden 05 for Christmas and as a kid I thought it was the greatest game of all time.

Greatest Moment: I made a WR superstar in Madden 09 (I miss that mode soo much) and did well enough to made the Hall of Fame after 2 seasons

This needs to come back with the house, agent and everything. I used to love the progression from bum in an apartment to superstar in a mansion wth crazy endorsements

Indyboy180 08-23-2014 12:27 AM

My greatest had to be in my Madden 09 Jets Franchise where I won Super Bowl XLIX on the final play. A beautiful running back draw that I took to the house as time expired to beat the Arizona Cardinals in ARIZONA!

D.S.T.X.B. 08-23-2014 01:42 AM

First: I spent the entire summer playing my cousin in Madden 95 on the Sega Genesis. He always played with the 49ers and he always ran a sweep left with Ricky Waters. Well one timed he called that play again and I was ready. As he comes around I take control of my linebacker and I dive. He timed the most perfect hurdle! and I flew into the sidelines! Lol I'll never forget that.

Greatest: I was in a Madden tournament in college. Madden 05. 8 min quarters. I was decent to pretty good and my opponent was pretty good to beast. I was the Vikings and he was the Jets. It was a dogfight the whole game up until like 2 minutes in the fourth. It was 10-7, him. All of a sudden I can't stop Curtis Martin anymore and he drives down the field killing time and my timeouts. I make 1 of 2 plays of the game and stop him on 3rd down and my last time out, but he was in fg range. 7 seconds left..he makes the fg. So its 13-7 with 4 seconds left. Now, I don't remember if Randy Moss was already there or I put him there, but he was on KR. And prior to this kickoff he had be kicking away from him the entire game. I say to him if you kick it to Moss ima win the game. He kicks it to Moss and I run 109 yards untouched! Game over. Dorm room went crazy! LOL I've never had a better game since!

TheVinylHippo 08-23-2014 02:20 AM

My first memory was this. Madden '99 on PS1. I used to think that "Cyber Athlete" intro was the coolest thing ever when I was an eight-year-old kid. I hated putting it down to get dressed for school, and I'd even think about playing it on my way there.

Good times.

Greatest memory was probably beating my uncle in Madden '02 for the first time. With the Rams or the Buccaneers, I think. Marshall Faulk was my favorite player in the NFL back then. Probably because there wasn't anyone worth caring about playing for the Dallas Cowboys.

Gronk4M13 08-23-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssHskr (Post 2046504684)
This will sound crazy...

Madden 15 is my first and greatest memory. true i've played it in the past, for years and years and years, but once NCAA came around i was always NCAA first, deep into my dynasty to busy doing my own thing.

Sure i've bought madden every year just to have it, but rarely did i play.

This year, with anticipation, i followed the madden forums, paid attention to madden, and as i fired up EA Access last night i had that NCAA release day excitement, it was a new game, it was fun, i was eager to dive in, and i enjoyed it as i never have in the past.

That being said, friends and i have spent some very memorable hours playing each other in prior versions, but this year i'm making the game my own, my own franchise, my own team, and i truly am beside myself to play this game.

It doesn't sound crazy to me. I never got Madden 25 for PS4 so next gen Madden will be a whole new experience for me. I didn't get EA Access so my anticipation is at an all time high. I have a good feeling about this game.

JMD 08-23-2014 08:58 AM

My first Madden memory is with Madden 06 for the 360. Although I had madden 05 on the xbox, I was a 2k football guy to the core before the exclusive deal. Saying that I was very disappointed with what I was given with Madden 06.

Greatest moment would have to be Madden 25 on the PS4. I've bought every madden game since 06 and 25 was the first game that I felt the game played good enough to keep me interested for the entire year. I payed multiple seasons offline and for the first time ever I joined an online league and played a few seasons. The game is improving slowly but surely.

Hender3 08-23-2014 10:44 AM

My first Madden was '06 for the PS2. I was in elementary school. I first played at a friends house and then I HAD TO GET IT. I played that game so much. I remember playing with my Colts and just tearing up defense with Manning, Wayne, and Harrison.