Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   This has me worried... any mention of fixing this? (/forums/showthread.php?t=757400)

Ix RYU xI 08-23-2014 09:02 PM

This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

1 Attachment(s)
XP prices in CFM are broken... The amount of XP gain has been fixed, but the prices are too low. In one season I was able to achieve elite hit power. The same goes for other major stats for different positions such as Man and Zone for DBs or Speed for WRs. For those that play in competitive or even regular CFMs this is tragic. Everyone can be a Willis or even a Sherman/Revis. I hope we can get this fixed by launch. Please spread the word.

JaymeeAwesome 08-23-2014 10:57 PM

Re: This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

48000 xp for 29 level upgrades? You think that's too cheap?

Ix RYU xI 08-23-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome (Post 2046509299)
48000 xp for 29 level upgrades? You think that's too cheap?

It's not the amount of upgrades but more of the actual upgrade itself. I'll give you an example. I play in a CFM with 31 other users. We advance once a day so we're very active. In our league, nobody could trade Sherman or Revised for what they were really worth because 95+ man was so easily obtainable.

People would just draft or trade for the fastest CBs. After one season you had your elite DB. Maybe this amount of XP works in another scenario but not competitively.

TheBleedingRed21 08-23-2014 11:42 PM

I don't see the issue.. you wasted one season just to hit harder when that player needs much more.

Sheba2011 08-24-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21 (Post 2046509369)
I don't see the issue.. you wasted one season just to hit harder when that player needs much more.

Exactly it's all about spending points wisely. Sure you can spend all your points and have your QB have 95 throw power but what good is it if he has 66 accuracy?

SmashMan 08-24-2014 01:46 AM

As a person who didn't use XP last year (I ignored/let CPU automate distribution), can someone explain the issue to me? Unsurprisingly, saying "anyone can be Sherman!" didn't help much.

It looks like the user is just increasing one attribute at the expense of all others, no?

Skyboxer 08-24-2014 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMan (Post 2046509589)
As a person who didn't use XP last year (I ignored/let CPU automate distribution), can someone explain the issue to me? Unsurprisingly, saying "anyone can be Sherman!" didn't help much.

It looks like the user is just increasing one attribute at the expense of all others, no?

Yep.

There is no issue.
Seems the better Madden gets the digging gets deeper.

Syncmastr 08-24-2014 06:10 AM

So I was checking this out for myself and it looks like OP might be right. I was able to get many important attributes up to 99 very easily.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PAnbZCELaYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a small sample of what you can do after simming 1 year with your XP. If I controlled where the XP went I would have players with 99 speed, strength, etc.