Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Have they never watched a football game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=757762)

Force10 08-26-2014 02:18 AM

Have they never watched a football game?

While I will give them credit for stepping up the halftime show...all the highlights halftime or otherwise, are too darn zoomed in. If they have ever watched a football game they would see most highlights at halftime are from the broadcast view...you can see the flow of the play and it's always nice to see the ball fly down the field instead of just seeing it at the very last second get to the receiver.

Baby steps I guess. Maybe by Madden 19 they will have learned to pull the camera back on highlights and replays...shouldn't be that difficult really.

Shon 23 08-26-2014 02:22 AM

Re: Have they never watched a football game?

While I definitely agree with you on this one, I wished they could get something like the sim stats done right before the smaller nuisances.

CT Pitbull 08-26-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Force10 (Post 2046516374)
While I will give them credit for stepping up the halftime show...all the highlights halftime or otherwise, are too darn zoomed in. If they have ever watched a football game they would see most highlights at halftime are from the broadcast view...you can see the flow of the play and it's always nice to see the ball fly down the field instead of just seeing it at the very last second get to the receiver.

Baby steps I guess. Maybe by Madden 19 they will have learned to pull the camera back on highlights and replays...shouldn't be that difficult really.

No doubt with the touting of the NFL Films camera angles this year, The choice of angles on the highlights in the halftime show are very poor. All those beautiful cameras and angles to choose from and they use the WORST angles possible. Its to the point where you cant even see anyone other than the main player in the clip. Its so zoomed in that your really have a hard time even seeing what really happened on the play they are highlighting.

This is something they need to look into fixing. You are right just run the highlights from the broadcast angle and call it a day.

BL8001 08-26-2014 07:49 AM

I agree with all of this and what makes it more puzzling is the game looks stunning when you pull the camera back.

The wider, and more distant the view is, gives you a great sense of the size and scope of the stadium environment.

Just a quick fix would be to take every cutscene and back the camera out 25-40 feet.

Fifa is the same way with too many close ups but they seem to understand how great the game looks at a distance and more of those cutscenes make it in every year. First couple of games in fifa NG I scored a goal and the celebration would be shown from a camera about 35 yards from the player. You could see the crowd going crazy, the dejected other players, my players celebrating, the keeper pulling the ball out of the goal...it just looks so close to real. The more I played the game more I realized that view was the exception to the norm and they too favor the too close cam. But it's there.

Anyway, yeah, back the camera out, yo! :usa:

kehlis 08-26-2014 07:56 AM

SOme of you guys may want to read the announcement of no tolerance at the top of the board before hitting submit.