Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders? (/forums/showthread.php?t=757842)

Anaxamander 08-26-2014 01:52 PM

What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders?

I was thinking we could have a conversation about what we think needs to be addressed to help the slider guys out. I've been playing quite a bit on default levels, and here is what I'm seeing so far.

The CPU sometimes gets in a "get sacked 10 straight times" mode. Not sure why.

CPU QB seems a bit too accurate at times.

I'm seeing almost zero broken tackles, either for the user or CPU.

And of course, almost zero penalties on either side.

What would you guys like to see addressed with sliders?

Outkizast 08-26-2014 03:21 PM

Re: What do you think needs to be addressed with sliders?

So far after only a few games, I say qb accuracy needs to go down a little bit and CPU pass block up just a bit.

I currently am trying both user and cpu qb accuracy at 35 and CPU pass block at 55 and it's playing really well.

The only other thing jumping out at me is the CPU run game. It seems fine most of the time but then I give up a 70 yd td run like twice a game. Could just be me needing to step up my stick skills though a bit...

BZito75 08-26-2014 03:35 PM

So far for me it's qb accuracy on both sides being way too high. I've pushed it down to 20 and just need to bump human running slightly.

acreyman 08-26-2014 03:41 PM

I have only adjusted two sliders (all pro) QB accuracy and pass blocking for the CPU. I currently have user at 5 and cpu at 10 on QB accuracy. And the CPU pass blocking is up to 80. I was winning the trench battle easily before this. I am still seeing very accurate backup quarterbacks but the 5 setting for user seems to be good so far. I dont want the cpu to be awful though, I like that I have yet to win a game in the pre seasons I have played.

BL8001 08-26-2014 09:05 PM

In both ncaa and madden I always nerf tackling for both. I mean sink them...down to like 15-20 for CPU and 20-25 for me. I see so many more animations when I do this because first contact doesn't always take down the ball carrier.

I don't raise the hb ability too much because of this.

mjavon 08-27-2014 01:19 AM

The main issue I have seen is the CPU QB holding the ball for too long. One game I had ten sacks and the saints went 16/20 passing on me. The numbers would have been a lot better had Brees thrown away or forced 7-8 of those ten sacks. Then it'd be more like 17-28 with 2 sacks (I'll pretend that one of the eight made a lucky completion). Everything else seems fine or close to it on default all-pro

Shon 23 08-27-2014 01:38 AM

Let's see, one major problem I'm seeing early (like in M25) is the CPU QB taking too many sacks.

Like others have stated, QB accuracy needs to go down a bit. I'm not seeing many if any errant passes.

The Speed Threshold slider needs to probably go down from 50, because a player like Tavon Austin, as quick as he is (96 spd, 95 acc I believe) should be getting more separation than I've seen in the past 5 15 min quarter games I've played with him. I'm not seeing that separation. I play on Normal speed if that matters.

No penalties called, basically.

That's only after about 5 games, so I haven't played enough yet for more, but the previously mentioned changes by the other members all sound reasonable to me.

Anaxamander 08-27-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL8001 (Post 2046519507)
In both ncaa and madden I always nerf tackling for both. I mean sink them...down to like 15-20 for CPU and 20-25 for me. I see so many more animations when I do this because first contact doesn't always take down the ball carrier.

I don't raise the hb ability too much because of this.

Exact same for me. I'm not a slider guru, but after the first couple games every year, I lower tackling to 30 or lower. By default, the game falls into a pattern of throw, catch, tackle. Handoff, juke, tackle. The tackles almost always just end the play. In real football, there are a ton of broken and missed tackles.