Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Sliders that control multiple things (/forums/showthread.php?t=758109)

tc020791 08-27-2014 12:35 PM

Sliders that control multiple things

I haven't tested every slider thus far but from what I can tell it seems that fumbles and tackling both do more than just what they say.

For tackling when I put both down around 25 I was seeing awful play from both O-lines. It seems as though tackle maybe should be labeled strength or toughness as well. With tackle on 25 and CPU pass block on 60 I was still easily able to get to the CPU for a manual sack whenever I wanted in most cases. Now with tackle back at 50 and CPU pass block back down to 50 I'm only seeing about 1-2 sacks a half. This is also contributed to trying to keep CPU QB ACC high (45 right now for me) in an attempt to keep QB IQ high.

As for fumbles, it seems like they affect the CPU more than the USER. The fumble slider works great for the USER don't get me wrong, you go down to 40 and you'll see your guys fumbling a few times a game if you're not too careful, but it does more than just that for the CPU. It almost acts as an attempt to break tackle tendency slider. With fumble at 5 the CPU is afraid that it will fumble on every touch therefore whenever the ball carrier is met by a tackler he always covers the ball to make sure he doesn't fumble. On the other end of the spectrum with fumble at 95 for the CPU I saw the HB juking, stiff arming and staying on his feet every chance he got. The reason being that he thinks he won't fumble with it at 95.

I haven't done much testing besides those two numbers and 40 and 50. I just wanted to get this info out to anyone struggling with CPU running game. My guess is that fumbles should be 55-60 so that you will see moves attempted but still have a chance for a fumble.

Also if you've found any other sliders that do more than one thing post here. I'll keep the OP up to date with findings.

Sliders:

Fumble -- HB Aggressiveness CPU (👆FUM👆AGG.)

Tackle -- Block shedding (👆TKL👆BLKSHD)

RTK-- Run D Reaction (👆RTK 👆Rection)

highzman28 08-27-2014 05:18 PM

Re: Sliders that control multiple things

I've been working on the same thing too, trying to find the true values of these sliders...

Here are my findings thus far,

QB Acc is not only tied to accuracy in my opinion, it also effects:

1. Play calling by the computer-

QB Acc = 0 the cpu ran the ball at a ratio of about 4:1 sometimes higher
QB Acc = 100 they throw the ball at a ratio of 4:1

2. At 0 Accuracy when pass plays were called the cpu QB seemed as though it knew that its Accuracy was low and would rather ran or take a sack instead of throwing the ball. I saw this in instances where the cpu WR would be wide open and QB wouldn't throw the ball.

3. At 100 Accuracy the cpu QB was almost fearless to throw the ball this included deep passes, medium passes, short passes, tight window passes etc

Im using a Zero base slider set to test my findings and will experiment with your findings to test out the tackle and fumble etc

Currently testing this below:

CPU
QB Acc 70-100
Pass Blocking 0
WR Catching 4 ( offsets the high acc gives drops, keeping the % low)
Run Blocking 0
Fumbles 5
Reaction Time 100
Interceptions 5 ( keeps ints down almost like pass deflections)
Pass Cov 100
Tackling 5

Human
QB Acc 2-5
Pass Blocking 0
WR Catching 5
Run Blocking 0
Fumbles 5
Reaction Time 100 (helps with the High Acc for the QB)
Interceptions 5
Pass Cov 100 (helps with the high Acc for the cpu QB)
Tackling 5

schnaidt1 08-27-2014 07:16 PM

in my findings...pass reaction and coverage are reversed for the user...

and reaction is tied to man coverage and coverage is tied to zone..

btw...drops should never have to be used to get a good percentage when they talked about all the innacurate throws we would be seeing this year...

talucchesi 08-27-2014 10:22 PM

What do you mean by the pass reac and cov being opposite this year?

RumbleCard 08-28-2014 11:45 AM

I'm starting to think that these sliders are just inadvertently attached to something entirely different than their actual labeled purpose. I can't get an accurate reaction or repeatable set of actions over any 5 game period.

IE set QB accuracy to 5 and one game the QB will throw 18-22 and the next game 14-30. Same QB, Same Defense....etc.

It was a mess last year and appears to be the same mess or worse this year. They refused to acknowledge this last year and I'm not expecting them to fix it this year either.

Manning2Harrison 08-28-2014 12:03 PM

Looks to me like FG power affects from how far away a CPU team will try a FG. At 50 the Panthers had Gano try a a 62-yarder. He had the distance but was wide left. At 40 I've twice seen a team not try a 52 yard kick.

dpower15 08-29-2014 12:13 AM

It's really too bad that the QB accuracy slider has such a drastic effect on the play calling. When you drop the QB accuracy to about 4-5 (on all madden) you see a pretty realistic amount of misthrown balls. However you also see about twice as many running plays as passing plays.

I wish they could figure out a way for the sliders to actually do what they state without also impacting other areas such as playcalling. I also wish the QB stats for CFM sims were fixed too, just saying.

However I have to admit this game is much more fun for me than last years, so cheers to that, just need to find that right balance on sliders.

RumbleCard 08-29-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc020791 (Post 2046521645)
With fumble at 5 the CPU is afraid that it will fumble on every touch therefore whenever the ball carrier is met by a tackler he always covers the ball to make sure he doesn't fumble. On the other end of the spectrum with fumble at 95 for the CPU I saw the HB juking, stiff arming and staying on his feet every chance he got. The reason being that he thinks he won't fumble with it at 95.

I haven't done much testing besides those two numbers and 40 and 50. I just wanted to get this info out to anyone struggling with CPU running game. My guess is that fumbles should be 55-60 so that you will see moves attempted but still have a chance for a fumble.

This has been a game changer for me. I started with a team that doesn't have a very good run defense. I've been trying to simulate that with no luck but after putting CPU fumbles to 60 the CPU finally has a strong running game against me.

Also tested CPU QB accuracy being attached to playing calling. I can confirm that's 100% true.

I had the CPU pass accuracy around 20 and the CPU was running way too much. Had to bump it up to 40 to get a reasonable mix.

This thread nailed down some things with sliders I don't think anyone knows about.

It just shouldn't be this way...and I can't see any scenario where EA addresses this. CPU accuracy should have no effect on playcalling. There's no way they did this on purpose.