Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Wide receiver high point (/forums/showthread.php?t=759094)

squadron supreme 08-31-2014 08:21 AM

Wide receiver high point

Any slider combinations to make the receivers high point the ball. It's depressing to use the Bears and not be able to take advantage of height with Marshall and Jeffrey.

OhMrHanky 08-31-2014 10:12 AM

Re: Wide receiver high point

Do u user control at all? I play with the falcons, and really, with default all-pro, Julio, roddy, AND Douglas high point the ball if u user control and time ball hawk correctly. In madden 13 and 25, it was necessary to crank up WR catch, though. I think I had it at 64 in madden 25 and saw high pointing. In 15, I've got WR catch at 47 and am still seeing high pointing, so I'm not totally sure as to why you're not seeing it at this point as I saw at WR catch 50, also. But, u can try raising WR catch and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therealbschrec 08-31-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMrHanky (Post 2046535106)
Do u user control at all? I play with the falcons, and really, with default all-pro, Julio, roddy, AND Douglas high point the ball if u user control and time ball hawk correctly. In madden 13 and 25, it was necessary to crank up WR catch, though. I think I had it at 64 in madden 25 and saw high pointing. In 15, I've got WR catch at 47 and am still seeing high pointing, so I'm not totally sure as to why you're not seeing it at this point as I saw at WR catch 50, also. But, u can try raising WR catch and see.

Some people, such as myself, would like to see the computer go up for the ball without having to user catch. I feel better when I draft a player and they play to their skill lever. With EA making you user catch to do that it doesn't feel as important because I could literally user catch with about anyone. Literally, I took a scrub on MUT yesterday at sixty something overall and went up in double coverage. I wish there was an option for people who felt the need to user catch to go ahead, but for those who want to see the computer utilize their skill to do it.

OhMrHanky 08-31-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealbschrec (Post 2046535203)
Some people, such as myself, would like to see the computer go up for the ball without having to user catch. I feel better when I draft a player and they play to their skill lever. With EA making you user catch to do that it doesn't feel as important because I could literally user catch with about anyone. Literally, I took a scrub on MUT yesterday at sixty something overall and went up in double coverage. I wish there was an option for people who felt the need to user catch to go ahead, but for those who want to see the computer utilize their skill to do it.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I think this 'might' be accomished by upping WR catch, still, though. But, I'm not totally sure as I do tend to user catch more often than not. U may lose dropped catches by doing that, but really, u could try 64, then maybe even try 80 or something. I can tell u from past experience that upping WR catch didn't just make the WRs catch better, it absolutely added many more animations, including more often toe tapping and high pointing, I believe. Once again, tough to totally judge whether that was me user catching or whether my CPU WRs did it as well, but upping WR catch definitely adds more animations to the mix. And, on another slider that I was always in disagreement with others in the community, was offensive PI. I set this around 59-64 the last few years and felt it helped my WRs play more agressively. Of course, I also had high WR catch, so tough to say, exactly. Others felt opi at 0 made WRs more aggressive. So, ultimately, I'd suggest trying to mess with both of those sliders and see what u see. U could also lower int slider. This would make the DBs less aggressive possibly allowing your WRs to be more aggressive.

Davon_A_Brown 08-31-2014 12:59 PM

This is my biggest issue.

squadron supreme 08-31-2014 01:30 PM

I've user caught before but it just feels so cheap. The animations are their and activated when you hot route to a fade or call a goal line fade. The receiver always leaves his feet to make a play on the ball as does the defensive back. Sometimes it's caught, dropped , knocked down or intercepted but the receiver always tries to make a play on the ball. Why they don't do this on regular streaks is beyond me. Whatever piece of code that activates it on those fade routes should be used or whatever code is used for the defensive back to jump should be used for the receiver as well. I'll turn up the wr catching slider but it leaves a sour taste having to jack up a slider just to make players play to their natural ability. It's legacy issues like these that hamper this version of Madden despite it clearly being a step forward for the franchise.

fisherjoecowboy 09-01-2014 11:32 PM

Having this same issue and it's infuriating. No endzone fades or sideline mosses. I love those types of plays too. What makes it worse is that I'm *** at user catching and as soon as I switch I end up accidentally running in a random direction out of position. Playing all madden means these types of throws are insta-picks because the receiver won't attack the ball.