Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Secret to the Pass RUSH... (/forums/showthread.php?t=759230)

Whaaaazuuuuup 09-01-2014 06:03 AM

The Secret to the Pass RUSH...

Is there on??... or is it just a button mash fest. I do use the L stick to the left or right and try to time it correctly but can't seem to find a rhythm. I take it pass rush finesse vs power moves account for something as well. Any insight? ...

digitalironman 09-01-2014 11:07 AM

Re: The Secret to the Pass RUSH...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup (Post 2046537814)
Is there on??... or is it just a button mash fest. I do use the L stick to the left or right and try to time it correctly but can't seem to find a rhythm. I take it pass rush finesse vs power moves account for something as well. Any insight? ...

I haven't figured this out either. I've been pressing buttons while praying. It works, 50% of the time.

Whaaaazuuuuup 09-01-2014 04:52 PM

I guess it's a balance of rating and timing. Which in turn makes it more off chance. I'm tryin to get a gold on the pass rush trainer on all madden and it's difficult

No Wayy Andre 09-01-2014 05:20 PM

Yeah I'm really not liking the new pass rushing. I'm not sure if it's harder but I just always accidentally use the stick to perform moves instead of the buttons, so it throws my timing off. I don't know if there is a trick to it. The skills trainer said to use the moves right when the defender is engaged. I think pass blocking from the O-Line actually come into play this year since I find it hard to get around them.

digitalironman 09-02-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Wayy Andre (Post 2046539374)
Yeah I'm really not liking the new pass rushing. I'm not sure if it's harder but I just always accidentally use the stick to perform moves instead of the buttons, so it throws my timing off. I don't know if there is a trick to it. The skills trainer said to use the moves right when the defender is engaged. I think pass blocking from the O-Line actually come into play this year since I find it hard to get around them.

I miss the stick too.

IlluminatusUIUC 09-02-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Wayy Andre (Post 2046539374)

Yeah, I took that to mean right when the DL/OL's hands connect with each other but that always seemed too early. I thought it was like a halfback move where you engage it before contact, but it seems like waiting until you are in the slapfight animation before triggering the move takes too long.

romeosdistress 09-02-2014 07:53 PM

i just control the free safety lol.

gaberox 09-03-2014 02:32 AM

Im also a user FS guy but mess around rushing the passer once in a while. I think the new button mash pass rush is childish garbage. Using the stick felt organic and there was technique involved. Button mashing should be reserved for shoot em up games.