Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Any tips on how to play safety? (/forums/showthread.php?t=759593)

Neddy_87 09-02-2014 09:24 PM

Any tips on how to play safety?

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to play safety?

Been playing madden for awhile now and have always loved playing as the FS on defense in my ccm but just feel over the last few years my games deteriorated abit. Wether that's because the game physics have changed or I'm just getting old I don't know but if anyone has any tips id sure be grateful.
Cheers

michiganfan8620 09-02-2014 09:34 PM

Re: Any tips on how to play safety?

Hold the left trigger/L2 in order to Backpedal and stay in control around the field, and just try to stay within your zone. It's all about comfort, there is no way to really help somebody else read the offense. It's all about recognizing plays and following a player's assignments.

m1ke_nyc 09-02-2014 09:42 PM

I'm no expert and in highschool I quit the football team in the summer because I just couldn't commit myself to putting in the time. I wasnt all that good either. With that said Theres one point coach made that stuck with me, keep everything in front of you. At no time should an offensive player be allowed to get beyond the safeties depth unless your covering someone in man but our safties didnt play man on my schools team. I'm not saying get so deep your 25 yards away from the closest receiver. I'm saying keep them in front of you so you can make a play if the CB is beat. If they get beyond you then they either are open or only have to beat out the CB for a TD.

kb0731 09-03-2014 05:33 AM

I'm having the same issue. I used to be a ball hawk in like madden 08-09 lol but now I feel I have no control and can't make plays on the ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R9NALD9 09-03-2014 05:41 AM

Also interested in tips. I love playing safety in M15 with the new defensive camera, seeing eveything in front of you. That being said I suck at it and already gave up a bunch of touchdowns thanks to poor tackling and not covering well at all.

Introvese 09-03-2014 11:39 AM

I get so frustrated playing safety. I see the ball coming. I start mashing the swat/int buttons and so many times my defender do nothing. It's like u have to play with ball hawk on just to compete.

kb0731 09-03-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Introvese (Post 2046545377)
I get so frustrated playing safety. I see the ball coming. I start mashing the swat/int buttons and so many times my defender do nothing. It's like u have to play with ball hawk on just to compete.

Same here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whodey85 09-03-2014 03:51 PM

As said earlier... Hold L2/LT to strafe... don't sprint around or u'll miss a bunch. Be patient and try to read the play as if u were playing offense. If u try to do to much, u'll get burned bad. Just sit back and realize u won't have a pick or tackle every play. 120 plays a game average, good game is 10 tackles. Great game is 2 picks.