Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Mobile (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=516)
-   -   MyNBA2K15 - Let's talk Enhancements (/forums/showthread.php?t=759843)

NWGameDad 09-03-2014 09:42 PM

MyNBA2K15 - Let's talk Enhancements

Last week I posted up one of the new cards for MyNBA2K15. A few of you may have noticed those "holes" at the top right of the card. Those are for one of the new features we're introducing with MyNBA2K15 called Enhancements. Those holes show you how many Enhancement slots are available on the card.

Enhancements are used to customize a card to improve the stats above and beyond leveling. Really like Karl Malone but wish he was a bit better at Offense? Then pop an enhancement into the slot that boosts Offense and, boom, you have a better Karl Malone.

Enhancements are going to come in two different forms, Rare and Super Rare. Right now (balance testing may change these numbers so don't hold me to these) a Rare Enhancement boosts a stat +5 and Super Rares +10. There are specific enhancements for each of the 5 stats. Each card will have 1-3 Enhancements slots so you'll be able to boost your card by 30 points total if you put all Super Rare enhancements on a card.

Rare Enhancements will have a chance to drop from the Draft Board. You'll also get some from the Ladder Rewards. Super Rare Enhancements come from...other means, which I can't talk about yet.

This new system will allow you further customize your deck and give each of your cards your own flavor. We're pretty excited about this level of customization in the game, we hope you like it too. Let me know what you think!

XxX MINIB XxX 09-03-2014 09:56 PM

Re: MyNBA2K15 - Let's talk Enhancements

Nice I like the idea

ccpaulin 09-03-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWGameDad (Post 2046547187)
Last week I posted up one of the new cards for MyNBA2K15. A few of you may have noticed those "holes" at the top right of the card. Those are for one of the new features we're introducing with MyNBA2K15 called Enhancements. Those holes show you how many Enhancement slots are available on the card.

Enhancements are used to customize a card to improve the stats above and beyond leveling. Really like Karl Malone but wish he was a bit better at Offense? Then pop an enhancement into the slot that boosts Offense and, boom, you have a better Karl Malone.

Enhancements are going to come in two different forms, Rare and Super Rare. Right now (balance testing may change these numbers so don't hold me to these) a Rare Enhancement boosts a stat +5 and Super Rares +10. There are specific enhancements for each of the 5 stats. Each card will have 1-3 Enhancements slots so you'll be able to boost your card by 30 points total if you put all Super Rare enhancements on a card.

Rare Enhancements will have a chance to drop from the Draft Board. You'll also get some from the Ladder Rewards. Super Rare Enhancements come from...other means, which I can't talk about yet.

This new system will allow you further customize your deck and give each of your cards your own flavor. We're pretty excited about this level of customization in the game, we hope you like it too. Let me know what you think!

Is this different from the support cards? or this will be the replacement of the support cards?

NWGameDad 09-03-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccpaulin (Post 2046547317)
Is this different from the support cards? or this will be the replacement of the support cards?

Totally different from Support Cards. There will still be Support Cards in the game. Enhancements are a permanent stat boost to cards vs. Support Cards that are a temporary boost just for that game.

LAKERKING 09-03-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWGameDad (Post 2046547187)

Really cool! Also what does PM stand for with the stats?

mickleod 09-03-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWGameDad (Post 2046547505)
Totally different from Support Cards. There will still be Support Cards in the game. Enhancements are a permanent stat boost to cards vs. Support Cards that are a temporary boost just for that game.

So if I had 2 Karl Malones, each full of enhancements, and I combined them, what would be the net result? Could I add more enhancements?

Also, are enhancements removable or overwrite-able?

Thanks for the update!

NWGameDad 09-04-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickleod (Post 2046547517)
So if I had 2 Karl Malones, each full of enhancements, and I combined them, what would be the net result? Could I add more enhancements?

Also, are enhancements removable or overwrite-able?

Thanks for the update!

The enhancements are not removeable, but you can place new ones over the old ones. This destroys the old one, but allows you to change stat enhancements if you choose.

When you Pro a card the resulting card contains the highest number of enhancement slots of the two cards you used to Pro it. So if you want a Pro with 3 slots at least one of the cards combining has to have 3 slots. Any enhancements on the cards you are combining get destroyed in the process since a Pro card is a brand new card.

ccpaulin 09-05-2014 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWGameDad (Post 2046548807)
The enhancements are not removeable, but you can place new ones over the old ones. This destroys the old one, but allows you to change stat enhancements if you choose.

When you Pro a card the resulting card contains the highest number of enhancement slots of the two cards you used to Pro it. So if you want a Pro with 3 slots at least one of the cards combining has to have 3 slots. Any enhancements on the cards you are combining get destroyed in the process since a Pro card is a brand new card.

So if you have a very good enhancement, is is better to place it on a pro card.
Since the enhancement is not removable and it get destroyed after combining the cards.