Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   How to get the best looking animations (/forums/showthread.php?t=760563)

jaynral 09-06-2014 12:58 PM

How to get the best looking animations

So I have been playing madden like crazy since it has came out and trying so many different sliders but just have not hit that sweet spot....But, my first question is what settings or sliders do you guys have that bring out the best and most animations....there are times when im playing and i get upset cause the whole just looked so unorganic and stupid....ie, multiple defenders tackling but the all have their arms down, or the run gets tapped and and flies on the ground or too many runners getting hit on their back.....also, Im i only one so tired of the same 6-8 celebrations especially the damn basketball one....i hate it now...lol

Hoos 09-06-2014 01:21 PM

Re: How to get the best looking animations

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaynral (Post 2046556481)
So I have been playing madden like crazy since it has came out and trying so many different sliders but just have not hit that sweet spot....But, my first question is what settings or sliders do you guys have that bring out the best and most animations....there are times when im playing and i get upset cause the whole just looked so unorganic and stupid....ie, multiple defenders tackling but the all have their arms down, or the run gets tapped and and flies on the ground or too many runners getting hit on their back.....also, Im i only one so tired of the same 6-8 celebrations especially the damn basketball one....i hate it now...lol

I am using Armor's slider set and playing them on normal speed, really like the way animations play out. By default, his set is designed for SLOW. I have tested a few games at slow, very slow and normal as previously mentioned. IMHO, the animations look best on normal but everyone has their own thoughts on that.....try it out for yourself and see what you think.

Shon 23 09-06-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoos (Post 2046556568)
I am using Armor's slider set and playing them on normal speed, really like the way animations play out. By default, his set is designed for SLOW. I have tested a few games at slow, very slow and normal as previously mentioned. IMHO, the animations look best on normal but everyone has their own thoughts on that.....try it out for yourself and see what you think.

I couldn't agree with this more. I played on slow solely in M25 and enjoyed it, but slow in M15 is just too sluggish, in my opinion. The animations on normal still play out as fine as they do on slow.

Plus, if you want somewhat of the feel of the pace at which players in the NFL in real life play at, without it being too arcadey, normal is great for that. Slow is too slow, in my opinion. Others have commented that the CPU rushing attack is harder to stop on normal as well. Also, people have mentioned better CPU QB play on normal, but I would need to test out more games after these tuner updates in online CFM.

PacMan3000 09-06-2014 02:36 PM

Well, in my opinion, the best animations happen on very slow game speed mode. Some people may not like it, but you actually get holes open for you in the running game, and far less magnet thing happening once you take a hand off and stick to an offensive lineman.

More than that, I just cannot stand playing a football game where there are no fundamentals happening in terms of tackling. I got tired of seeing players running into other players, lifelessly falling to the ground like a rag doll, and that constituting as a "tackle." You don't tackle Ben Tate by crashing your body into him while being fully upright, and you two falling to the ground as if you both fell unconscious. It happened all the time in normal--there is just no fundamental tackling and it doesn't look like football.

I'd certainly agree that normal probably PLAYS a bit better than the slower speeds, but the slower speeds, especially very slow, allows me to see animations I've never seen before on normal, and it just resembles real football. Ain't perfect--EA needs to create a better overall animation system and a MUCH better tackling mechanic system for that--but it's considerably improved.

kingdevin 09-06-2014 03:18 PM

I find that generally in sports vid games that involve collision detection that slower speeds produce the best animations. I assume that it gives the cpu more time to process the motion. Madden can be very herky jerky on faster speeds. I think very slow with threshold at zero may be the better way to avoid the herky jerkiness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingdevin 09-06-2014 03:28 PM

...or play slow speed with threshold at 50. Once u start to lower it things get more herky jerky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk