Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong? (/forums/showthread.php?t=760583)

AeRo1226 09-06-2014 01:44 PM

Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong?

Ok so this year Madden 15 has been everything I have hoped for. Graphics are better, games are harder (All-Madden settings, not sure how people are complaining on All-pro settings because its too easy), and connected franchise mode is great except for one thing....

I cant resign any players at all. Idk if its broke, but I don't get it.

So predictability...that's supposed to make the players pretty much keep their word when they give you a "desired contract" correct? And I know this year more things matter like the scheme, location, bonus, years, etc...

Well heres my example. Andrew Luck is in his last year. I have my coach with the "resign-bonus", Luck is predictable, he wants a contract of 120 Mil over 6 years. I have even changed my scheme to match his.

I have offered him a contact of 121 mil over 6 years, 126 mil over 6 years, a 135 mil over 6 years, and finally I then offered him something like 145 mil over 6 years, which he finally accepted. Wth is up with that? it takes 24 million OVER what he wants just for him to accept? And this is happening with EVERY player. Is it broken?

Teams in the NFL re-sign their players all the time. This is why there aren't many trades. I don't see how it takes this much just to get the guy I want to stay. Right now I'd have a easier time signing them in FA. Please give me any advice for making this easier.

Scyp 09-06-2014 02:00 PM

Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong?

Well just so you don't feel bad. I had resigned my created player with pretty much all 99 stats for 145m over 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muelly 09-06-2014 02:08 PM

Re: Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeRo1226 (Post 2046556647)
Ok so this year Madden 15 has been everything I have hoped for. Graphics are better, games are harder (All-Madden settings, not sure how people are complaining on All-pro settings because its too easy), and connected franchise mode is great except for one thing....

I cant resign any players at all. Idk if its broke, but I don't get it.

So predictability...that's supposed to make the players pretty much keep their word when they give you a "desired contract" correct? And I know this year more things matter like the scheme, location, bonus, years, etc...

Well heres my example. Andrew Luck is in his last year. I have my coach with the "resign-bonus", Luck is predictable, he wants a contract of 120 Mil over 6 years. I have even changed my scheme to match his.

I have offered him a contact of 121 mil over 6 years, 126 mil over 6 years, a 135 mil over 6 years, and finally I then offered him something like 145 mil over 6 years, which he finally accepted. Wth is up with that? it takes 24 million OVER what he wants just for him to accept? And this is happening with EVERY player. Is it broken?

Teams in the NFL re-sign their players all the time. This is why there aren't many trades. I don't see how it takes this much just to get the guy I want to stay. Right now I'd have a easier time signing them in FA. Please give me any advice for making this easier.

Qb market pry pay him more.

AeRo1226 09-06-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyp (Post 2046556697)
Well just so you don't feel bad. I had resigned my created player with pretty much all 99 stats for 145m over 6 years.

That's not the point. My point is, with predictability and resign trait, plus my scheme matching, the length of contract matching and the money matching, why the hell is it so hard to re-sign someone. I'm matching THEIR desired contract. Its now like i'm low-balling them.

jatiger13 09-06-2014 03:35 PM

How large was the bonus money?
I noticed that I have an easier time if I raise the bonus money.
For example, if you offer him 16 million and 4 million bonus, and he turns it down.... try to offer 13 million and 7 million bonus, and he might accept it. Its still 20 million per season.
I've had success when doing this with players. I don't offer more per year, I just give a higher percentage in bonus money.

Number999 09-06-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeRo1226 (Post 2046556754)
That's not the point. My point is, with predictability and resign trait, plus my scheme matching, the length of contract matching and the money matching, why the hell is it so hard to re-sign someone. I'm matching THEIR desired contract. Its now like i'm low-balling them.

The desired contract has always been bad in the recent Madden games, unless they're a scrub, you have to overpay a little bit which makes 0 sense. (it'd make more sense if he wanted 6-years/145M to start with and you negotiated down, not going up), slightly flawed system but you get use to it.

AeRo1226 09-06-2014 04:32 PM

I agree, we should be getting a REAL amount that they want and then negotiate down.

So I guess its safe to say that the "predictability" trait is useless then? because they are still giving fake figures.

I have to save and reload my game all he time when negotiating because they give me a fake "desired amount" and then after negotiating up eventually it says "time to test free agency!!!"

So dumb if you ask me. I've never seen a sports game so flawed in negotiating salaries. Even NBA and NHL have better negotiating tables.

JHTJ 09-06-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jatiger13 (Post 2046556974)
How large was the bonus money?
I noticed that I have an easier time if I raise the bonus money.
For example, if you offer him 16 million and 4 million bonus, and he turns it down.... try to offer 13 million and 7 million bonus, and he might accept it. Its still 20 million per season.
I've had success when doing this with players. I don't offer more per year, I just give a higher percentage in bonus money.

This is exactly right. Up the guaranteed amount. I just resigned Jarvis Laundry (92) to a 6 year 42 million dollar deal with 24 of it guaranteed. He asked for a 6 year 52 million dollar contract. I'm fine upping the bonus money with the understanding that hes only going to get better. The beauty of higher guarantees is they're evenly distributed over the course of the contract. Meaning there's less inflation on the back end, so the contract is easier to manage. The downside is your handcuffed to this player because the cap hit would cripple your franchise if you parted ways early.