Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Sports Gaming (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes (/forums/showthread.php?t=760922)

FAM CEO 09-07-2014 08:13 PM

Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes

I didn't see a recent thread about this game, so hopefully this is not redundant. I saw a few videos and it looks pretty cool. I am thinking about getting it for my kids, but don't fully understand the concept. If someone could answer a few questions it would be appreciated.

So, you buy toys that have different levels to them? Seems like that could get expensive

Can you play 2 players on all levels like lego marvel?

What is the toy box? Can you also play 2 player same screen inside toy box?

Thanks again

PadresFan 09-07-2014 08:20 PM

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes

I've never played this game but I have a question. My four year daughter loves everything Disney and princess. I feel she is probably too young to play but maybe in a few years.

To parents: Do your kids play this game and what age did they start playing?

rheller 09-14-2014 02:46 AM

Since Infinity 2.0 hasn't come out, I can only speak to the game that was released last year. I bought this game for my daughter and I last year. I invested heavily into it. We have all the characters and power discs. I spent about a month with it and was bored. After having it for a year, she pops it in every once in awhile. She does want the new one. I'll get her the starter set for christmas to see if anything has changed.

Basically, you buy characters to play in a disney world (playsets) or your own world (toy box mode)

Playsets:

VERY IMPORTANT: Not all characters can play in play sets. Think of play sets as a story mode. The incredibles can only play in their own play set. The characters from the Lone Ranger play set can only play in their own play set. The lone ranger can't play in the incredibles play set. The reason this is important to know is because not every character has it's own play set (story mode). The Frozen characters don't have their own play set. Mickey Mouse doesn't have his own play set. Be very careful to read the box before buying if you only want characters that can play in story mode. From what I've read, the same holds true to the Marvel game. The Avengers have their own play set and can play in that. Spiderman has his own, but can't play in the Avengers play set.

Toy box:

Every character can play together in toy box mode. Toy box mode is a world you create on your own. You can create race tracks, battle arena, ect. I created one world and was done. While it was fun creating it, I couldn't get into toy box mode much because there were no objectives. It's just you running around creating stuff. My kid really got into it though. She'd set up buttons that you'd press and five enemies would pop up and fight you. I was impressed with the stuff she created.

Target Audience:

I'm not the target. My daughter is though. She's 12. Padresfan, you're daughter is four. That might be a stretch. She'd be fine in toy box mode where you could load up the Tangled princess or the Frozen princess and just let her run around. As far as the play sets, she'd get lost. She'd have to read objectives and while combat is very simple, a four year old might not be able to handle it. That's really up to you as a parent, knowing what your child can handle though. My daughter and I got lost doing some missions.

Hope this helps you guys out. I haven't kept up on Infinity 2.0 much. I've read a few things about it, but I'm really not up to date. In the end, it was a fun way to spend time with my daughter.

PadresFan 09-14-2014 09:22 PM

Thanks for the input. Agreed she is too young to play video games but was wondering if I should get them now and stash them away for years down the road. She has a Leapfrog with some learning games and actually does pretty well. But that is it as far as video games go. Lol.

ExtremeGamer 09-16-2014 05:23 AM

With Disney Infinity 2.0, they are allowing more crossover characters with the playsets btw, it's not as restrictive.

With The Avengers playset, both Rocket Racoon and Nova can be used.

Iron Man and Hulk can both be used in Spider-Man.

Iron Man and Nova both for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Also, a digital version of the game will be released on 11/14 for PS3, PS4, WiiU and Xbox 360. It'll be $19.99 on Sony and Nintendo for the first week then $29.99 like it is on 360. Also on 11/4, the Avengers starter pack will be released incase you already have the portal from Disney Infnity 1.0 and don't want to get another one. There is no digital option for Xbox One.

Spongedaddy 09-16-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer (Post 2046589138)
With Disney Infinity 2.0, they are allowing more crossover characters with the playsets btw, it's not as restrictive.

Also, a digital version of the game will be released on 11/14 for PS3, PS4, WiiU and Xbox 360. It'll be $19.99 on Sony and Nintendo for the first week then $29.99 like it is on 360. Also on 11/4, the Avengers starter pack will be released incase you already have the portal from Disney Infnity 1.0 and don't want to get another one. There is no digital option for Xbox One.

Do you know if play sets will have longer play times in 2.0? my son blew through the sets in 1.0 and they did not have much to them.

rheller 09-16-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer (Post 2046589138)

Very good info. I actually just read about the crossover stuff last night. Warning still holds true for those that are not familiar with Infinity. Not all characters can be used in every playset.

Perceptor 09-26-2014 03:36 AM

Good to know. I got my son the Star-Lord and Gamora set and we'll get the Starter set tomorrow. He's really excited to try it out