Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Draft Class Gems (/forums/showthread.php?t=761225)

..GameOver.. 09-08-2014 11:22 PM

Draft Class Gems

With the introduction of random draft classes, there is no longer a need for those draft guides. Drafting has become slightly more difficult and gems much harder to find. In contrast, the level of replayability is much higher because all players are random. The purpose of this thread is to share a player you drafted who produced beyond your expectations.

Since I started the thread, I will share the first one. I picked up a 6'6" receiver in the 7th round. He was projected to go undrafted. I just couldn't help but pick him up because of that height. I am only 3 games into my first season and this guy is second in receiving yards and eighth in receptions. He had problems in the pre-season with his hands but I quickly fixed that by upgrading him to the point where he wasn't dropping wide open passes. He still has a problem with carrying the ball but by week 5, that problem should be corrected as well. He was a steal in the seventh round.

The second player I drafted was a DB in the fourth round. He ended up having superstar development so I have been stacking the game prep to him. He generates between 1k-1.4k experience every time. I was spreading the wealth to different players but realized that by stacking those game preps, he could generate 4k to 5.6k experience and be a pro bowler real quick. After three weeks of stacking, he is at 99 man coverage. His press is almost at 99. One more week of stacking and he will easily be there.

Anyways, feel free to share your favorite drafted players.

hazey 09-09-2014 12:49 PM

Re: Draft Class Gems

WHat was their intial rating?

jatiger13 09-09-2014 01:23 PM

A Cb who was projected to go in the 4th round, but was still there in the 6th. He was a "storyline" player, a Wr who dropped a lot of passes, so he was moved to Cb before the draft. His overall at Cb was 14 or something like that, so I moved him to Rb. He is my 3rd string Rb at 72 overall. He has amazing speed and a great returner, so I have him as my KO-returner and punt-returner.

Btw, these storyline players in M15 are randomly generated too, right? Or are they handcrafted like in past years?

hazey 09-09-2014 02:56 PM

I wonder if they follow a similiar path - I have started and restarted like 5 dynastys since it came out and I have gotten the OLB who's father was an olympic sprinter in 3 of them and the irish kicker in a couple as well.

..GameOver.. 09-09-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazey (Post 2046568052)
I wonder if they follow a similiar path - I have started and restarted like 5 dynastys since it came out and I have gotten the OLB who's father was an olympic sprinter in 3 of them and the irish kicker in a couple as well.

I have had the sprinter story once. Only been through 1 season and 5 games though.

The storyline players are supposed to be randomly generated. I think I read that somewhere.

The DB was rated a 75. He is now a 84 through 5 games in the regular season.

WR was rated a 71. He is now rated a 77 through 5 games. Awareness is very low for him so when I raise that I expect him to jump up to the 80's. I never do pay much attention to the overall ratings though. Blackmon actually went down to an injury at the beginning of my week 4 game. This WR has been taking a large majority of the targets now. He is still second in receiving yards because Andre Johnson is having a beast year but he did jump up to third in receptions.

The DB has been on fire the past two weeks as well. He has posted three interceptions in two games. One of those picks went for a TD. Two of them came off of Tom Brady. Not many passes go his way anymore though. I am now upgrading his speed, acceleration, and agility so he can keep up with the speedsters in the league. He is already fast but I want him maxed out. I may scrap that idea and upgrade those things later in his career if I notice any deficiencies in his play that are easier to upgrade.

jatiger13 09-09-2014 04:03 PM

I noticed that its a lot easier to find good QB's late in the draft. I drafted one late in the 3rd round, he had 93Thp, 85Sa, 82Ma and 77Da. He came in at 77ovr and started right away for me. I had a fantasy draft at the start of my CFM, so my other Qb's were Orton and McCown, and they were pretty crappy.

Raiders drafted one in the 4th who was really good too. And some other team, I think the Giants, got one in the 6th who could become a good starter after maybe a year or 2 of development. He had good Thp but his accuracy was low

ajra21 09-10-2014 07:43 PM

do their names change this year? like they did a few years ago?

jatiger13 09-11-2014 03:51 PM

Yes. Every draft class is randomly generated. No more handcrafted classes. Every draft class will be different, you'll never see the same one twice, even if you start a new CFM