Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   social changes behind the fall of NHL games? (/forums/showthread.php?t=761285)

CelticHeart 09-09-2014 05:50 AM

social changes behind the fall of NHL games?

The cause of the fall of the NHL series years trough years, should be the Americans who have begun to follow that boring sport called soccer, instead of following more and more the fantastic sport that is hockey.:popcorn:

Sheba2011 09-09-2014 08:00 AM

Re: social changes behind the fall of NHL games?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticHeart (Post 2046566570)
The cause of the fall of the NHL series years trough years, should be the Americans who have begun to follow that boring sport called soccer, instead of following more and more the fantastic sport that is hockey.:popcorn:

This thread will probably get closed as doesn't really offer anything constructive but the NHL is more popular today than it has ever been.

JsMcbain 09-09-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba2011 (Post 2046566741)
This thread will probably get closed as doesn't really offer anything constructive but the NHL is more popular today than it has ever been.

I am pretty confident that if someone liked or did not like the amazing playoffs we had last year the fact that you don't like the NHL video game won't change their thoughts about the real NHL.

Rangers-Flyers
Habs-Bruins
Avs-Wild
The Kings comeback against the Sharks
Kings and Hawks road to the WC Finals and their clash

... were all great just to name those... EA Sports NHL 15 won't change that

Yeats 09-09-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba2011 (Post 2046566741)
the NHL is more popular today than it has ever been.

No that's not the case. I've watched hockey since the 60s, watched the Leafs win their last Cup on HNIC. Hockey used to be a religion in Canada, every home was tuned in on Saturday night. Socially, watching hockey now is like smoking, less and less people every decade are doing it. I honestly don't know one adult in my circle of friends who follows hockey. Someone my wife works with watches it religiously with her spouse, but that's it. The MLS is more popular, that about says it all. Definitely a social change issue with the sport of hockey, no question.

centauris 09-09-2014 10:01 AM

MLS is more popular than the NHL?

what?

and no.. the fall of the NHL games is lazy developers.

Yeats 09-09-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centauris (Post 2046566961)
MLS is more popular than the NHL?

what?

Well, maybe maybe not. The thing is hockey was a top 3 sport 30 years ago. It's now at best 5, behind college football. And dropping every decade.

Yeats 09-09-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centauris (Post 2046566961)
and no.. the fall of the NHL games is lazy developers.

A corp like EA bases their development resource decisions on the bottom line: profit. They obviously allotted development resources based on that. Lazy has nothing to do with it.

Qb 09-09-2014 11:24 AM

This isn't relevant to the NHL series discussion.