Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=761335)

Qb 09-09-2014 10:52 AM

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Have NHL 15
? Want to know what others think of the game before you give it a buy? This is the place for you.

Once you've played the game, post your impressions here. If you have questions about the game, please post them in the Q&A thread. This thread is for impressions only.

What do you think of NHL 15 so far?

Drakar 09-09-2014 11:03 AM

Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

It's EA NHL game alright. The same issue that has been plaguing the series for years is still around : Puck possession, No tool to play defense and poor goalie AI. It even worse this year thanks to lightning speed pass and shooting. I am hoping someone will come up with some good sliders to counter the default settings.

jes5ant 09-09-2014 11:42 AM

Gameplay wise, I loved it. I found the poke check much more effective than in the past. The immersion was amazing. I really felt the bone-crushing hits. This could be due to me playing on Dynamic high and wearing my headphones for the first time.

I found some teams harder to play against. Detroit drove me nuts. I couldn't hit them to save my life. They were very shifty. This could be due to it being my last game before passing out. I don't play well when tired.

* The sim in BAGM is still dreadfully slow.
* Daniel Winnick was not on the team and my team was full so I had to drop a player to waivers. The player not being there wasn't my issue though. It was the fact that I got no notification as to wether or not the player I dropped got claimed.
* I'm into mid November and none of my players have any growth in the progress report. I'm hoping this it due to it still being early.

jes5ant 09-09-2014 11:45 AM

Also done are the days of picking a fight with a non-fighter and mopping the floor with your opponent. I got in a fight with both Ashton and Kessel, (not on purpose) and the fights ended within 3 second both times. Both in devastating fashion.

Sparty10 09-09-2014 11:49 AM

What is the secret to playing good defense? This is my first NHL game since 2007 or so. I've been playing on pro 8 min qtrs. losing games 10-2/3 pretty consistently with the Redwings. Also, in 4 games I've yet to be on the power play with penalties all the way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drakar 09-09-2014 11:54 AM

here's a video that expose how weak the AI can be. This was on All-Stars hardcore mode.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2...c-b60c1475d1e0

fiddlerpaul 09-09-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparty10 (Post 2046567331)
What is the secret to playing good defense? This is my first NHL game since 2007 or so. I've been playing on pro 8 min qtrs. losing games 10-2/3 pretty consistently with the Redwings. Also, in 4 games I've yet to be on the power play with penalties all the way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha welcome to my world...others seem to have less trouble...I chalk it up to my age.

jes5ant 09-09-2014 11:56 AM

I've been getting called for almost all the penalties i've seen. But I'm overly aggressive around the boards. I find that I try to funnel the players toward the boards. If they get past me i try to keep pace and cut them off with a poke check. I generally found in the past few years I had to be a lot less aggressive. Also players can dangle you fairly easily in this game if you are always trying to hit them. Detroit torched me last night. So shifty.