Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=761335)

kehlis 09-09-2014 09:46 PM

Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by bscbears99 (Post 2046569036)
So his opinion is wrong??? This is getting to be comical. I understand people are upset with things left out. But if he, or anyone else, thinks its "amazing" I think he has the right to say it without being told he is wrong. So many are so angry that certain things are left out they are missing out on a pretty good game of hockey.

Not sure how the post you quoted is any less of an impression than the one he quoted.

If he feels it isn't amazing does he not have the right to voice that opinion much in the same sense than those that think it is great do?

Toews2Kane 09-09-2014 09:57 PM

I am happy with the overall gameplay although I could see there being a problem with skating across the crease goal exploits. Passing and shot speed should be toned down a bit

HUT: It takes FOREVER to do anything. To take a player out of your lineup you have to click the player, remove him from lineup, and then search for someone else who isn't in your lineup that you want in there. Really miss have a "bench" and easily swapping them around. It is also very time consuming to swap players around your lines. I've played HUT since its inception and know how to get around and it is frustrating to try and edit lines. The HUT marketplace is awful as well. Figuring out whether you won a bid is difficult and placing a bid also takes too long. By the time you find a player you want to bid on it updates the players and you have to hunt him down again.

***I've also had MAJOR issues with HUT freezing up at the end of the first intermission or if someone pauses the game. It never unfreezes and someone is forced to quit

medic2119 09-09-2014 10:28 PM

Hey Guys, are you able to create-a-player in the ps4 version and play them in the GM career mode?? also are you able to edit existing players? thanks..

MizzouRah 09-09-2014 10:36 PM

Just beat Winnipeg 6-4 but the game play was great. Loose pucks, a fight and a couple of penalties (still needs to be more). Just feels like anything can happen. Looks like it's going to be a bit high on the scoring side.. at least without a tuner update.

ericromain 09-09-2014 10:37 PM

I played 8 games of HUT on PS4 tonight.
The first game was incredible. I really like the grittiness and looseness of the puck this year, the passes zip harder but things like the angle of the pass recipients stick seem to matter a lot, so it's not like it's a cross crease one-timer fest. It feels great!

Dump and chase and cycling the puck are fun tactics. I'm having trouble burying opponents even if i'm much better, though i've had a couple decent breakaway deke goals. It's all fun though, I only have a couple NHLers on my roster.

There are things i like and dislke about the new HUT interface. It's quicker to bounce through lines, but it's less intuitive and harder to swap players. I bet i'll get used to it soon enough.

ThreeKing 09-09-2014 11:02 PM

Fellas, for those that want to tweak, the sliders are working. Haven't come across any that aren't.

gopher_guy 09-09-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreeKing (Post 2046569627)
Fellas, for those that want to tweak, the sliders are working. Haven't come across any that aren't.

Yeah I'm starting to play with them a little bit.

Seeing some very encouraging penalty numbers in my Be A GM. 3-4 penalties per team per game in the 3 I've played so far.

A lot of goals, though. Need to tune up the goalies or tune down the shooting.

Gerg04 09-09-2014 11:12 PM

For all its "short comings", and bs/removed content, the game is fun to play.

Is it SIM, hardcore, straight up NHL hockey? No. But it's fun. Hopefully I think that month's from now, but at this time I'm enjoying it. Loving the puck, loving the fact I can dump in and be effective (even if my AI is oblivious). Can't wait to get some more games in.