Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=761335)

statnut 09-23-2014 03:55 PM

Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyoung (Post 2046611562)
Has anyone seen a blocked shot result in an injury this year?

It used to happen regularly a few games ago (maybe NHL 13?), but I haven't seen it happen once in NHL 15.

The fact that there's no physical repercussions for stepping in front of a slap shot or one timer and taking the full brunt of it in the body is very disappointing.

There's very rarely been a repercussion of doing that. I've seen players step in front of a slap shot and knock it down and take it the other way. Or just catch it.

ThreeKing 09-23-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5 (Post 2046611506)
I actually like the gameplay but it feels like it plays best on Play Now. BaGM feels less smooth with the same sliders. I play on True Broadcast and it isn't as side to side (up/down) as past versions for me. I enjoy taking the puck on defense and passing cross ice between D Men, holding the puck back instead of charging up ice into attack. I don't try any exploit moves, I don't practice for em', I am enjoying moving the puck around and dumping it in to change up my lines.

I slammed this game hard on the EA early access. Didn't like the Xbox One version. Didn't like the lack of features. As it is I don't know what mileage I can get from BaGM, but Play Now is fun and the gameplay is better than it has been. I was planning on staying with 14 on ps3 and using Shogunofharlems edits. The PS4 version and Play Now gameplay suits me fine though.

Point is, this is really only relevant to me. Just like much of what most of us find in this game or any game. I am with those that think there should be more in this version and that the lack of content is not right. Yet, my take on the game is what it is. I didn't like it on Xbox One, like it enough on PS4. That alone probably sounds a bit silly, but like I said, this is my take on my game so it doesn't need to appease the attitudes of anyone else. This is my varied experience with this game. How can anyone tell me otherwise?

I agree with this. I started a Playoff Mode, and the gameplay wasn't as solid as before. It's like the physics took a hit. I kind of felt like I was playing NHL 13.

Money99 09-23-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5 (Post 2046611506)
I actually like the gameplay but it feels like it plays best on Play Now. BaGM feels less smooth with the same sliders. I play on True Broadcast and it isn't as side to side (up/down) as past versions for me. I enjoy taking the puck on defense and passing cross ice between D Men, holding the puck back instead of charging up ice into attack. I don't try any exploit moves, I don't practice for em', I am enjoying moving the puck around and dumping it in to change up my lines.

I slammed this game hard on the EA early access. Didn't like the Xbox One version. Didn't like the lack of features. As it is I don't know what mileage I can get from BaGM, but Play Now is fun and the gameplay is better than it has been. I was planning on staying with 14 on ps3 and using Shogunofharlems edits. The PS4 version and Play Now gameplay suits me fine though.

Point is, this is really only relevant to me. Just like much of what most of us find in this game or any game. I am with those that think there should be more in this version and that the lack of content is not right. Yet, my take on the game is what it is. I didn't like it on Xbox One, like it enough on PS4. That alone probably sounds a bit silly, but like I said, this is my take on my game so it doesn't need to appease the attitudes of anyone else. This is my varied experience with this game. How can anyone tell me otherwise?

I have found the experience in Play Now vs BaGM has been different for a long time in the NHL series.

I'm not 100% sure why, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the categories you can upgrade throughout a BaGM career.

I only played Play Now with NHL14 and in that mode opposing teams felt different compared to BaGM where every team I played was the same.

jake19ny 09-23-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money99 (Post 2046611655)
I have found the experience in Play Now vs BaGM has been different for a long time in the NHL series.

I'm not 100% sure why, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the categories you can upgrade throughout a BaGM career.

I only played Play Now with NHL14 and in that mode opposing teams felt different compared to BaGM where every team I played was the same.

I am so glad I'm not the only one because I thought I was crazy. I agree 100%. For the second time now I have found solid sliders to make play now feel good, play well, and even get some penalties so I started a BeaGM and set the sliders the same and the game played totally different, I mentioned this in another thread and I cannot put my finger on it but I have always felt the sliders are broken and do not work right. It seems setting the once and setting them again the same exact way you can get two very different types of game play. It makes no sense but how can this be explained. Many of us are feeling it and I am hearing guys say the same about the newly added playoff mode. Weird stuff

bigwill33 09-23-2014 04:44 PM

It's always been that way. There are hidden streaks and momentum in the game, too. That's why all the slider testing in the world on play now games don't mean jack for GM mode.

Ever notice how you can play 3 games and be on fire or completely suck and then turn the machine off, fire it back up and everything feels different? Yeah, the game is programmed this way. A 82 overall player might be playing at a 87 with how the under the hood stuff works.

Yes, I had EA tell me this years ago when I worked here at OS.

THESHAMISASHAME 09-23-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreeKing (Post 2046611643)
I agree with this. I started a Playoff Mode, and the gameplay wasn't as solid as before. It's like the physics took a hit. I kind of felt like I was playing NHL 13.

Exactly I mentioned this in the morning , is it fair to call it nothing but a port 13 or 14 ? As Playoff mode has always had a uber boost , cpu has turbo players , all deke like Crosby and a hit and check fest to create a so called playoff feel BUT yeah Physics arent what I been playing in NHL 15 before this patch and tuner ?

Might be the tuner I played one on V 1.00 and was up 3-0 after early second period with 4 pp to cpu none and stopped as it felt to easy .

THESHAMISASHAME 09-23-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwill33 (Post 2046611759)
It's always been that way. There are hidden streaks and momentum in the game, too. That's why all the slider testing in the world on play now games don't mean jack for GM mode.

Ever notice how you can play 3 games and be on fire or completely suck and then turn the machine off, fire it back up and everything feels different? Yeah, the game is programmed this way. A 82 overall player might be playing at a 87 with how the under the hood stuff works.

Yes, I had EA tell me this years ago when I worked here at OS.

Your dead on exactly right and playoff mode is/was boosted /momentum filled even worse then other modes but I still think v 1.00 made my one game better .

As I recall only play now ever played semi normal and then when you took your sliders in a mode your like WTH I been saying what you said for years and I dont know why EA NHL keeps doing this ?

I think Hockey is hockey always playing hard and sure playoffs might be a tad different than regular season intensity wise but to use speed boost and momentum and crazy tilted ice is a poor way to do it .

18 eighty 5 09-23-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake19ny (Post 2046611692)
I am so glad I'm not the only one because I thought I was crazy. I agree 100%. For the second time now I have found solid sliders to make play now feel good, play well, and even get some penalties so I started a BeaGM and set the sliders the same and the game played totally different, I mentioned this in another thread and I cannot put my finger on it but I have always felt the sliders are broken and do not work right. It seems setting the once and setting them again the same exact way you can get two very different types of game play. It makes no sense but how can this be explained. Many of us are feeling it and I am hearing guys say the same about the newly added playoff mode. Weird stuff

I wonder if it has something to do with the difficulty setting in BaGM. Pro can give a better feel but stepping up to All Star and smoothness drops off. I feel it in the skating. I can have a winger pass back to a DMan at my defending blueline and as the defender receives the puck I trigger him to skate backwards and arc either inwards toward the middle or outwards towards the boards and on Play Now it feels and looks great. On BaGM on All Star it is clunky, loses an intuitive feel and can be slightly delayed.