Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   How's Your GM Mode Going? (/forums/showthread.php?t=761421)

YakCityGaming 09-09-2014 07:33 PM

How's Your GM Mode Going?

Hey guys!! Guess I get to start this discussion this year!! So I'm hoping we can all post updates/videos of our GM modes here! Can't wait to hear from everybody :)

Here is my GM mode, just starting out:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zzgCqGL9uCM?list=PLd3mvmGHZSPPNVI16Xc9mUguRcRwgoO4-" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k6rFfCSzZMI?list=PLd3mvmGHZSPPNVI16Xc9mUguRcRwgoO4-" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FxccUb62PEg?list=PLd3mvmGHZSPPNVI16Xc9mUguRcRwgoO4-" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

franch1se 09-09-2014 08:16 PM

Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

Sitting at 3-1-0 right now with LA with St. Louis coming into town.

Gaborik is my leading scorer with 4 goals (all in 1 game vs the Jets).

Doughty leads in assists with 4.

I keep rotating my 3rd line D pairing between Greene, Regehr and McNabb.

Going with lines of:

Williams-Kopitar-Gaborik
King-Richards-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis

Scratched forwards are Cracknell and Nolan

Defensive pairings of:

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Martinez
Greene-Regehr-McNabb

Madwolf 09-10-2014 01:35 AM

Trying to find a good balance in my GM mode at the moment, so it's a little screwed up. My one issue with the game play so far is that it feels like my goalie lets in a lot of easy stuff. Regardless of 4-0 with Vancouver atm.

Woody19 09-10-2014 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madwolf (Post 2046570002)
it feels like my goalie lets in a lot of easy stuff

Totally agree!
Also, is there any way to save my strategies in BeAGM? I have to re-adjust them at the beginning of each game ...

Spongedaddy 09-10-2014 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madwolf (Post 2046570002)
Trying to find a good balance in my GM mode at the moment, so it's a little screwed up. My one issue with the game play so far is that it feels like my goalie lets in a lot of easy stuff. Regardless of 4-0 with Vancouver atm.

I found that last year as well. Can it be adjusted with sliders in GM mode. Just to make sure: GM mode is basically the offline season mode, correct?

Chicago Made 09-10-2014 03:33 PM

Detroit Red Wings hire african american general manager MJ Jones. In attempt to bring back the Stanley Cup to the notor city.

franch1se 09-10-2014 03:45 PM

Seems like another year of the lower the goalies overall the better he is. Whenever I give martin Jones a start he dominates and quick let's in very easy goals

StoneColdSwede 09-10-2014 04:39 PM

In GM mode (with sliders) I'm experiencing quite different gameplay compared to regular exhibition games, even though the sliders are pretty much the same.

In GM mode, the CPU rarely gets a shot on goal (much like older NHL games) but are incredibly effective (much like older NHL games). In exhibition, the shot totals are usually quite balanced and it seems strange to me.

The ridiculousness really kicks in when you check the hitting stats, postgame. In exhibition matches, I'm still ahead in hits, maybe by 5-10 (so if I get 15 hits total, the CPU gets around 8 or 10). In GM mode, the CPU usually doesn't land a single hit until the third period! This seems even more strange to me since it's such a huge difference.

Anyone else noticing the same things? Mainly the hitting, since I've jacked up aggression and everything and the CPU still refuse to play rough.