Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   DriveClub Details Quite A Lot of Free DLC Coming for PS4 Users (/forums/showthread.php?t=761869)

RaychelSnr 09-11-2014 02:47 PM

DriveClub Details Quite A Lot of Free DLC Coming for PS4 Users

DriveClub is preparing an impressive and aggressive post-launch DLC campaign, which will include free content for gamers purchase the game.

The game already features 55 routes over 25 tracks in the game, but users will be getting free tracks for a few months after the game releases. Users also will get nine free cars via DLC in the months following the game's release.

Also coming to the game post-release will be dynamic weather and a photo mode, for free.

And, if that's not enough there will also be premium DLC planned well into 2015. Users can purchase a season pass for $24.99 which will give them $75.00 in post-release content.

Driveclub begins on October 7.

Additional information from the comments section:

Quote:

All of the tracks are free:

– 11 new tracks with 23 routes, which includes an entirely new location

And cars are a combination of free and paid:

– 9 free
– 38 paid (bundled together as 8 car packs)

Quote:

The PlayStation Plus version is absolutely still going to be available to subscribers as a free download. This will be out on the same day as the full game (October 7th), and you will have the option to upgrade from the PS+ Edition to the full game for a discounted price of $49.99.

SVCbearcat10 09-11-2014 03:14 PM

The game has officially gone gold.

Caius101 09-12-2014 08:16 AM

Well, I know what game I am picking up next month.

JMD 09-12-2014 12:02 PM

Re: DriveClub Details Quite A Lot of Free DLC Coming for PS4 Users

I'm a bit confused about something here. They mention Tracks and Routes. Now I've always considered a Track to be a closed circuit in which you run multiple laps, and a Route to be a point to point type race. However everything I've read about the game only suggests there will be point to point races and no closed circuits.
So what do they mean when they say Tracks?