Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Difficulty is dependent on threshold slider (/forums/showthread.php?t=761968)

Brooke2011 09-11-2014 11:42 PM

Difficulty is dependent on threshold slider

This year I'm not going to waste month after month adjusting slider after slider. This years madden I feel that I don't need to. In fact the only thing that makes this game easy , hard or impossible is the speed threshold slider .
For example . On All pro I have the threshold at 55. This makes the game challenging and rewarding when big plays happen. If I lower the threshold to 40 , the game becomes easy to the point that bug plays have no reward value. On that note I would set the threshold as follows:

Rookie - 95 threshold
Pro. - 80 threshold
All pro. - 55 threshold
All madden. - 40 threshold

Without disrespecting the slider gurus . I don't think you have to alter the sliders . I think changing them alters too many variables in other gameplay areas.

Penalties can be changed to create a balance of calls to your liking. But even changing those drastically can lead to an altered experience.

So my advice would be to change threshold. And start spending time enjoying the game and stop wasting time trying to tweak it

GordoJ 09-12-2014 06:27 AM

Re: Difficulty is dependent on threshold slider

So...I went ahead and tried this. All-Pro, 14 minute qtrs., 55 threshold. I had been using a couple of other slider sets, and while they would give decent results for a game or two, I'd have others that were just horrendous. Specifically, getting a ton of sacks and my running game was just OVERPOWERING. I was beating everybody I played, and I don't think I'm THAT good of a player. Especially as crappy teams.

I decided to give this a shot, and played a Play Now game as the Jags at the 49ers. I wanted to pick one of the weakest teams against one of the most overpowered, to see how the game would respond.

I didn't get a chance to finish the game (work), but the first half went relatively realistically.

49ers: 14
Jags: 7

Without going into too much detail, they managed two BIG runs with Gore for TDs to go up 14-0 early.
I managed to claw my way back into the game right before half after Henne got knocked out with an injury. Bortles went 10 for 13 for 100 yards and we finally punched it in.
But the ground game has been TOUGH. I've been sacked 3 times already, and Gerhart has managed just 44 yards on 14 carries.

YES!!! :59:
I'll try a few more with default sliders and 55, but I'm actually in agreement, it feels pretty good so far.

orion523 09-12-2014 09:38 AM

I do agree to an extent. Using even a 50 threshold as compared to 0 tightens everything up. Running lanes close faster, QB windows close faster, the tackle window again closes quicker. Having tested this for quite a while on all-pro there's no truth to the "CPU speed boost " theory when using a 50 threshold, if a player is faster and breaks away, he will not be caught unless the slower player has the angle, again this is all-pro not all-Madden.
That said, I do think though that a good balanced slider set can enhance the experience, in conjunction of course with the higher threshold. For me, I use a combo of Armor and Quinn's sliders with my own edits. I will continue to evolve them as my first season goes along.

Brooke2011 09-13-2014 03:48 AM

I actually love default all pro at a threshold of 55 with a a very slow game speed I play 5 minute quarters and the score is usually around 10-3 . The degree of error is so slim that more than one turnover is a guarantee loss . It really makes any play for plus yards quite rewarding.

bubbaman11 09-13-2014 12:08 PM

Interesting...I've always just automatically lowered threshold to 0 expecting it would open the game up for big plays, but yeah, I haven't noticed that with this year's game. So, it's more of a reaction slider then? Plus, the ai can't stop your run game with any slider adjustments with threshold at 0. Anyway, I'll give it a shot and post my results. I will say that the qba slider still needs be modified for both hum and cpu however, no higher than 7 for hum and no higher than 1 for the cpu - pros do miss their targets occasionally.

Brooke2011 09-13-2014 03:38 PM

I also feel that the tackle and collision physics are done really well with a threshold at 55.

viking12344 09-13-2014 11:26 PM

These have potential. I tried to play a half and got to the end of the first qtr. Big ben went 9-9 100yards against a soft viking secondary. I just could not continue. These are the first I am going to try again post patch.

Brooke2011 09-15-2014 08:30 PM

I now have all sliders at 50 except for tackle . I have that at 60 for human and CPU with a threshold of 55 and at the very low speed. I love this game ,it plays perfect now