Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Adrian Peterson Saga (/forums/showthread.php?t=762322)

wwharton 09-13-2014 10:14 PM

The Adrian Peterson Saga

Creating a new thread so we can keep all the talk in it's own place and unclog the Off Topic thread.

Please post any comments or thoughts about Peterson's case here. This also makes it easy to shut the conversation down if necessary... so please don't make it necessary.

moylan1234 09-14-2014 10:31 AM

Re: The Adrian Peterson Saga

I'm pretty disgusted with the entire league at this point. Since I don't have kids it's hard to judge anyone's parenting, but I do have 11 neices and nephews and the thought of one of them suffering in this manner makes me physically ill. I don't buy the argument that its because of the way he was raised either. He's a grown man now and there's plenty of information out there on raising children in this day and age. It seems like every week someone gets in trouble for child abuse does he not pay attention? Does he not understand that teachers/neighbors/other parents will start asking questions if they see bruises and marks on your child? Even if his parents couldn't teach him right from wrong society should have. My parents never abused me in any way, but given the information available today there are plenty of things they'd do differently. Times change either change with them or get left behind.

Ever since I was a kid the NFL has been one of the most important things in my life, but right now I'm finding it very hard to care at all about these games. Just hoping the little man can somehow rebound and live something of a normal life.

DrJones 09-15-2014 01:33 AM

AP bench presses 350 and suffered the loss of a child beaten to death by the mother's BF less than 12 months ago. You'd think that would cause him to err on the side of caution when it came to physically disciplining a 4-year-old. Also, when you father 7 children by 5 different women, perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to brag about having discipline and strong moral fibre as a result of "getting whooped" as a child.

Cris Carter gets it, IMO:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wSJ4yFKYKo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ESPNsucks 09-15-2014 01:50 AM

wow can't believe this is going on in the first place... lost alot of respect for Adrian Peterson... i don't hate on anyone for using a belt, but it seems like he left cuts on that kid and the kid is only 4... my kids age is the same ive spanked my kid like 4 or 5 times this year with my hand and never on a bare butt... never left marks either and still got my point across...

CaseIH 09-15-2014 02:21 AM

I wasnt there to see it so I dont know exactly what happen, but I do know parents now days lack discipline of their kids, and the reason there is so many worthless lazy kids in this world now days.

I do know I got a few good whippins over the years whether it was with a belt, paddle, as well as being whipped with a stick over the years. I in no way was abused either, although Im sure at the time I felt I was,lol.

Im in no way trying to diminish child abuse, but jeez, all because a parent whips their kid doesnt mean its child abuse, even if it leaves a welt on your rear. I know I had a few over the years where it hurt to sit down for several hours after I got a good beating.

Also I think AD is devout christian unless Im mistaken him for someone else, and he seems to be a very good person, so I have a hard time believing he would be abusive in any way.

Rocky 09-15-2014 04:38 AM

If Peterson was released today, how many suitors do you think he'd get? A buddy who is somewhat close to the league said that 31 teams would have a discussion about it but only a few would seriously entertain it...especially now.

New England is an obvious fit imo. Atlanta would be another team that would be a great fit but I think the Vick situation would make them have to steer clear.

King_B_Mack 09-15-2014 09:46 AM

Everything isn't as black and white and wrapped up in a neat little package as people insist on making every "issue" that pops up nowadays but as long as that's the case and no opinion or decision can be made without people throwing every single emotion they have into the mix, this country and society as a whole will continue to be a joke. That's all I'll say on the matter so I can avoid running afoul of the TOS.

Brandwin 09-15-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseIH (Post 2046585664)
I wasnt there to see it so I dont know exactly what happen, but I do know parents now days lack discipline of their kids, and the reason there is so many worthless lazy kids in this world now days.

That's a lame excuse I keep seeing thrown around. There was plenty of worthy, lazy, kids when I was young that got "whoopings" and it didn't seem to help.

Yes, there are some bad children and a few whippings would probably do the good, but I don't think that's the sole reason there are so many worthless, lazy kids.

Quote:

Im in no way trying to diminish child abuse, but jeez, all because a parent whips their kid doesnt mean its child abuse, even if it leaves a welt on your rear. I know I had a few over the years where it hurt to sit down for several hours after I got a good beating.
You are correct. Parents have different views on physical discipline. But looking at the pics, it seemed excessive to me, especially for a four year old.

It's fairly easy to strike fear into a four year old. I am sure Peterson could have gotten his point across by using his heavy hand than a switch and busting open the skin.

I can't understand what a four year old would do to deserve this type of disciplining. If you are having to use this type of discipline on a four year old, maybe it's not the kid but your parenting.

Quote:

Also I think AD is devout christian unless Im mistaken him for someone else, and he seems to be a very good person, so I have a hard time believing he would be abusive in any way..
Yes, because being Christian automatically makes you a great person?

You hear people say that all the time when someone is arrested "I can't believe this did that, he always seemed like such a great person"