Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   How do you stop the barrage of CPU shots? (/forums/showthread.php?t=762605)

ParisB 09-16-2014 12:53 AM

How do you stop the barrage of CPU shots?

I play on Pro/Hardcore with a few minor tweaks.

8 minute periods.

All my stats are otherwise solid. Penalties and save percentages etc. But for the life of me I cannot keep the CPU from average close to 40 shots per game.

They play at such a fast break pace. When they get the puck its a 50 foot rifle pass to an outlet and off to the races. All teams play the same!

I do my best to control the pace but sheesh. I can hold them to 15 shots sometimes after 2 periods but then they hit a gear and hold the pedal down. All of a sudden it's back to a high amount for the game.

Any ideas?

ParisB 09-16-2014 02:53 PM

Re: How do you stop the barrage of CPU shots?

Well I think I figured it out. I was adjusting the Attributes Affect slider by turning it down, thinking it made the players more like their real life counterparts.

Then I realized that most players and team rankings in this game are so bunched apart, that by turning it down it made everyone play the same.

There's a reason that "hardcore" setting puts this at 5. It gives much better separation between average players and stars (and subsequently the better teams).

After tweaking that slider back, and playing a couple more games it was clear and the CPU settled down. I was able to play as Chicago, Anaheim, and LA and dominate Buffalo, NYI, and Florida. Held them each to about 25 shots per goal and 2 GAA!