Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Reaction Time Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=763077)

4thQtrStre5S 09-18-2014 08:52 PM

Reaction Time Question

I am curious if there is a definitive definition on how this slider works; depending on which thread I read Reaction time either increases as you lower the slider or decreases as you lower the slider...

Initially I thought that increasing the Reaction time slider increased the time it took for a player to react to the ball in flight..Also seemed to effect reaction to the player with the ball, whether a TE, WR or RB.

Color me confused....I know, I could test it myself, and I would if it wasn't for the Tampa Bay at Atlanta game on right now.

Thank you in advance for any information with reason/logic as to how this slider operates....

RoDogz85 09-18-2014 10:47 PM

Re: Reaction Time Question

I would also like to know..

rushinplayallgame 09-18-2014 11:48 PM

100 makes them react quickly, 0 makes them react slowly

talucchesi 09-19-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame (Post 2046597946)
100 makes them react quickly, 0 makes them react slowly

According to Oraeon tho, its the opposite

rushinplayallgame 09-19-2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talucchesi (Post 2046598054)
According to Oraeon tho, its the opposite

ok

Rjrosco 09-19-2014 02:02 AM

1) slowing reaction time, or more like, stopping them from jumping every route, it's not reaction TIME per se, more like reaction ability.
2) tightening, they will stay with the WR for about 4 seconds, DBs in the real NFL don't cover well for more time than that- basically, every play starts out with the exact same tightness of coverage, with lower slider setting- DBs will lose coverage faster BUT, that coupled with a high pass defense reaction time will cause DBs who aren't even playing correctly to jump in out of no where and pick off passes, swat them down, superman dive from 8 yards away into a wide open receiver and jarr it loose, it looks more like an arcade game with the default sliders.

I thought this summed it up perfectly, taken from Rushin's slider thread by himself. Great sliders by the way

King Gro23 09-19-2014 02:17 AM

My theory on this and I have felt this way since M13 is Reaction time slider is based Lower End 0-45+ =(Less React/AI mental Process) In passing game coverage was always tighter than Defualt. I feel like it makes players faster in coverage shiftin from assingment to assingment because with low reaction time they arent standing still thinking of whom or where to track next they kinda just do their roam. Vs High End 50+ = When ball is passed or cuts are made I feel like players delay because of increased reaction time. But depending on difficulty the CPU will cheat and position itself in the path of the income route better so if there is a break or cut theyll delay but be in perfect position in delay to warp to the play

rushinplayallgame 09-19-2014 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjrosco (Post 2046598147)
1) slowing reaction time, or more like, stopping them from jumping every route, it's not reaction TIME per se, more like reaction ability.
2) tightening, they will stay with the WR for about 4 seconds, DBs in the real NFL don't cover well for more time than that- basically, every play starts out with the exact same tightness of coverage, with lower slider setting- DBs will lose coverage faster BUT, that coupled with a high pass defense reaction time will cause DBs who aren't even playing correctly to jump in out of no where and pick off passes, swat them down, superman dive from 8 yards away into a wide open receiver and jarr it loose, it looks more like an arcade game with the default sliders.

I thought this summed it up perfectly, taken from Rushin's slider thread by himself. Great sliders by the way

thanks! :waytogo:

---

reaction ability is a good way to describe it, I just didn't want to confuse anyone, also, I'm not going to argue- I think 0 makes it worse and 100 makes it better, I've played 5 full seasons coming up with those sliders, and tried a lot of different combinations in play now with 99overall players at every position on two teams, which was more a waste of time for franchise sliders but it was how I learned about how to make the pass coverage realistic, so my advise is to take a couple teams, as evenly matched as possible, and just start playing play now games- adjust sliders as you see fit and when you have a good set- start a franchise and see how a seasons worth of stats looks with them, develop your own sliders with whatever theory you have in mind and see it play out.