Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Reaction Time Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=763077)

RoDogz85 09-19-2014 03:32 AM

Re: Reaction Time Question

Final verdict? :)

Last Gunfighter 09-19-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame (Post 2046598216)
thanks! :waytogo:

---

reaction ability is a good way to describe it, I just didn't want to confuse anyone, also, I'm not going to argue- I think 0 makes it worse and 100 makes it better, I've played 5 full seasons coming up with those sliders, and tried a lot of different combinations in play now with 99overall players at every position on two teams, which was more a waste of time for franchise sliders but it was how I learned about how to make the pass coverage realistic, so my advise is to take a couple teams, as evenly matched as possible, and just start playing play now games- adjust sliders as you see fit and when you have a good set- start a franchise and see how a seasons worth of stats looks with them, develop your own sliders with whatever theory you have in mind and see it play out.

No disrespect to Oraeon1224 but Rushin's video on his thread, http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2-sliders.html, explains and shows exactly what he is referring too. I have never seen defenders react this realistically in Madden. IMO he has done a stellar job and I think you need to check it out.

leathrneck34 09-19-2014 10:46 AM

I think Oraeon1224 and Rushin are both right about reaction time and the coverage slider it's just Oraeon is obsessed with finding the right setting to match NFL stats which he is very very good at. Dude must have a Master's Degree in Maddensliderology. Rushin has it right on the nose as far as reaction versus coverage and how the lb's thru the 2ndary react to a ball in the air. I use Oraeon1224 slider's with some adjustments from Rushin's thread and have found great results and some great games. Sometimes the corners are right on top of the WR on the route and sometimes a CB will get confused and have a misstep and get burnted it really depends on the player vs the other and who has the better ratings and I love it.

I think like Rushin Coverage greater than reaction is the way to go.

4thQtrStre5S 09-19-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodatdawg (Post 2046598668)
No disrespect to Oraeon1224 but Rushin's video on his thread, http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2-sliders.html, explains and shows exactly what he is referring too. I have never seen defenders react this realistically in Madden. IMO he has done a stellar job and I think you need to check it out.

Thank you for the video link; somehow I missed this....

4thQtrStre5S 09-19-2014 01:18 PM

So am I getting it that, Pass Coverage is the ability to maintain cover on a receiver or reduce separation, and reaction time is the ability to close the gap once the ball has been thrown?

And it appears that the effect of pass coverage to reaction time depends also on the separation between the two ratings? so if I have a pass cover of say 80 and a reaction time of 20, i'll have a better chance of a positive reaction on the ball than if my pass cover was 50 and my reaction time was 25?

Then it also appears that if my reaction time is lower than my pass cover time but my pass cover time is too close numerically, like reaction time of 2 and pass cover of 20, my defender may end up being on top of the receiver on just about every play? as opposed to a reaction time of 2 and a pass cover of 85.

(I did some testing last night, and it appeared that the distance between rating values and which was higher or lower made a difference in how coverage and recover was handled....It also appeared that a higher pass cover allowed a defender to jam/press a receiver longer?

Last Gunfighter 09-19-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S (Post 2046599174)
So am I getting it that, Pass Coverage is the ability to maintain cover on a receiver or reduce separation, and reaction time is the ability to close the gap once the ball has been thrown?

And it appears that the effect of pass coverage to reaction time depends also on the separation between the two ratings? so if I have a pass cover of say 25 and a reaction time of 55, i'll have a better chance of a positive reaction on the ball than if my pass cover was 20 and my reaction time was 80?

Then it also appears that if my reaction time is lower than my pass cover time but my pass cover time is too close numerically, like reaction time of 2 and pass cover of 20, my defender may end up being on top of the receiver on just about every play? as opposed to a reaction time of 2 and a pass cover of 85.

(I did some testing last night, and it appeared that the distance between rating values and which was higher or lower made a difference in how coverage and recover was handled....It also appeared that a higher pass cover allowed a defender to jam/press a receiver longer?

I would post this question to Rushin on his thread, he has done a lot of testing and is very knowledgeable with regards to the interaction of these 2 sliders.

4thQtrStre5S 09-19-2014 03:05 PM

I am thinking putting Sherman againt megatron, for example, and getting the reaaction time and pass cover even between the two so that they break even in catches and deflections and INT's, should trickle down and give a fair matchup between all other receiver and defender matchups? does that seem to make sense?

cjallure24 09-19-2014 03:12 PM

Does this apply with All-pro and All-Madden? Regarding the pass reaction being low and the pass coverage being high?