Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes? (/forums/showthread.php?t=763130)

2kguy 09-19-2014 08:14 AM

Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes?

I am playing NHL 15 on the PS4.

My biggest gripe with the game-play this year is that my passes are all rather weak, regardless of how long I hold the pass button. Well, maybe not that weak overall, but rather the issue is that I cannot make a strong/fast pass when needed like to hit someone with a fast pass who is springing out.

I am on Pro with Simulation mode and manual passes. Are there any tweaks to the sliders that can help with this?

Or perhaps there is some other way to make passes or use the controller buttons to make harder vs softer passes?

Thanks!

SuperGoalies 09-19-2014 01:13 PM

Re: Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes?

I've been saying it for years, pass speed: 4 & Saucer Pass Speed: 6, is the optimal setting, now I did try pass speed: 5 in NHL 14 it worked great, but in NHL 15 it seems a little to fast so I went with 4 in NHL 15 and it worked great.

2kguy 09-20-2014 01:01 AM

Re: Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGoalies (Post 2046599156)
I've been saying it for years, pass speed: 4 & Saucer Pass Speed: 6, is the optimal setting, now I did try pass speed: 5 in NHL 14 it worked great, but in NHL 15 it seems a little to fast so I went with 4 in NHL 15 and it worked great.

Thanks. Am I correct to assume that this will just change the speed of all pass types? Or will it do what I'm after - which is to be able to tap for a soft pass, hold for a regular pass, and hold longer for a snap/hard pass?

That's what I really think is missing (not that overall all passes feel slow).