Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   WR Catch (/forums/showthread.php?t=763369)

tc020791 09-20-2014 02:35 PM

WR Catch

It looks like most people on here have WRC at or below default and I have a feeling it could have something to do with QBs taking shots down field. I had it at 65 for awhile how so I hadn't really thought about it. Yesterday I tried WRC back down at 47 and noticed the QB for the CPU was doing nothing but checking down. I turned WRC back to 65 and saw throws brig attempted for more often (not always) down field. It's almost as if when WRC is higher the CPU trusts it's WR more the make a play sorry will throw into tighter coverage more often. This is just theory and has not quite yet been completely validated. I just wanted to throw it out there because I know a lot of guys are struggling with this area. Though I'm still working on my sliders, last 2 test games (Both Cincy vs Bal) Dalton (CPU) was 17/28 203 at halftime, and 3/3 108 at the end of the first.

tc020791 09-20-2014 02:35 PM

Re: WR Catch

I forgot to mention this is with CPU QB ACC at 3

forme95 09-20-2014 03:27 PM

I have my qb acc at 37/39 and wr cth at 35/37 and I'm seeing plenty of downfield throws. I wonder if it is more the qb then the wr.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

King of Kings 09-20-2014 05:38 PM

Blitz the CB or play hook zone coverage with the CB, leaving the safety alone in deep zone coverage. They will throw deep. If you play man with the CB or S or leave both of them in deep zone coverage, the CPU will not throw deep, regardless of sliders. After TONS of testing, this is the only consistent method of baiting the deep throw that I've found. The CPU is uber-conservative unless you hand them deep ball opportunities, unfortunately.

NimitsTexan 09-21-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Kings (Post 2046602460)
Blitz the CB or play hook zone coverage with the CB, leaving the safety alone in deep zone coverage. They will throw deep. If you play man with the CB or S or leave both of them in deep zone coverage, the CPU will not throw deep, regardless of sliders. After TONS of testing, this is the only consistent method of baiting the deep throw that I've found. The CPU is uber-conservative unless you hand them deep ball opportunities, unfortunately.

Is that not actaully classic football strategy? Run or throw underneath until your opponet starts rushing DBs or playing underneath zones, and then try to beat him long? The point of 2-Deep safties is to prevent the deep pass. Alot of deep throws on actual Sunday games seem to be against a single deep safety (or against a safety that blew his assignment).

I know there are exceptions to the above in real life, but it does sound, overall like they programmed a (slightly) smarter QB . . .

King of Kings 09-27-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NimitsTexan (Post 2046603461)
Is that not actaully classic football strategy? Run or throw underneath until your opponet starts rushing DBs or playing underneath zones, and then try to beat him long? The point of 2-Deep safties is to prevent the deep pass. Alot of deep throws on actual Sunday games seem to be against a single deep safety (or against a safety that blew his assignment).

I know there are exceptions to the above in real life, but it does sound, overall like they programmed a (slightly) smarter QB . . .

They throw deep against single man coverage IRL, they do not in this game.

forme95 09-27-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Kings (Post 2046622663)
They throw deep against single man coverage IRL, they do not in this game.

They do in this game. I just lost last night to the Ravens bc Flacco saw Jones 1 on 1 and threw 35 yrds right over my defenders reach. It literally was the same play (type) that the irl Ravens @ Browns game ended like.

King of Kings 09-27-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forme95 (Post 2046622733)
They do in this game. I just lost last night to the Ravens bc Flacco saw Jones 1 on 1 and threw 35 yrds right over my defenders reach. It literally was the same play (type) that the irl Ravens @ Browns game ended like.

I'm talking about on a consistent basis.