Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Team Sheets Not Working (/forums/showthread.php?t=763872)

BearsNVA 09-23-2014 10:40 PM

Team Sheets Not Working

Anybody else have issues with the team sheets?

I have 2 set up. One for normal games, and one for cup matches (or games I want my main starters to sit out.)

I picked the cup sheet and went to the sim screen (because I didn't feel like playing,) and the normal team sheet lineup was in the sim screen.

Is this something that EA didn't intend to have happen, or is this just the way it is?

If this is the way it works it's freakin' pointless. In order to sit starters and sim a game you don't want to play, you have to go back and do it the old way.

Am I missing something? Gosh I hope so!

boxers 09-24-2014 10:31 AM

Re: Team Sheets Not Working

I'm pretty sure I have had this work for me. I'll go back and double check later today. But make sure you are the right stick (main career mode menu) to select the appropriate team sheet. I think that when you select the team sheet to edit, it does not make it active for the next the game, if that makes sense.

Paradingwolves 09-24-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearsNVA (Post 2046612858)
Anybody else have issues with the team sheets?

I have 2 set up. One for normal games, and one for cup matches (or games I want my main starters to sit out.)

I picked the cup sheet and went to the sim screen (because I didn't feel like playing,) and the normal team sheet lineup was in the sim screen.

Is this something that EA didn't intend to have happen, or is this just the way it is?

If this is the way it works it's freakin' pointless. In order to sit starters and sim a game you don't want to play, you have to go back and do it the old way.

Am I missing something? Gosh I hope so!

How did you "pick" the cup sheet? I actually noticed there's no way of chosing after you hit sim, what worked for me was going into team sheets and selecting the cup sheet as "favourite" before the cup tie and it worked. A little annoying but nothing compared to having to maually edit the whole sheet each time.

Hutton 09-24-2014 12:27 PM

Honestly, the team sheets suck. EA touted this as a revolutionary enhancement, but in reality it's almost a step back from the tactics options in 14.

First off, you cannot setup/save custom tactics anymore, they are tied to a squad's team sheet.

Secondly, I have found no way to setup the custom DPad quick tactics. I used to be able to create 4 sets of custom tactics of my own and map them to the DPad for quick change in the actual gameplay. Now it looks like you're stuck to the 4 default DPad tactics.

All Team Sheets does is make saving a preset "lineup" easier, it doesn't offer much flexibility in tuning tactics other than the player specific roles (stay forward, get back, cut in etc.), which can't be changed on the fly during a game (these are simply pregame choices).

And to boot, in FUT you can't save any type of team sheet. So if you want to setup player roles then you would have to do it before every single match. A total dolt designed this. It should be so much more. All this does is save me some time selecting a starting 11 in Career mode and adds a very limited set of player roles.

Yeah...THAT Guy 09-24-2014 12:38 PM

To choose a team sheet, use RB/R1 to go to the menu where you can select Team Management (but are not yet IN team management).

Highlight the team management thing where it shows your formation and your current players.

Use the right thumbstick to shuffle between team sheets. This allows you to select a team sheet without having to make it your favorite.

This will work when you go to simulate your match.

Paradingwolves 09-24-2014 12:48 PM

[quote=Hutton;2046614087]
All Team Sheets does is make saving a preset "lineup" easier, it doesn't offer much flexibility in tuning tactics other than the player specific roles (stay forward, get back, cut in etc.), which can't be changed on the fly during a game (these are simply pregame choices).

quote]

Are you saying you can't change the roles/instructions mid game? I was able to during the demo, haven't tried in the full game but I seriously doubt they would have removed this in offline mode.

BearsNVA 09-24-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy (Post 2046614116)
To choose a team sheet, use RB/R1 to go to the menu where you can select Team Management (but are not yet IN team management).

Highlight the team management thing where it shows your formation and your current players.

Use the right thumbstick to shuffle between team sheets. This allows you to select a team sheet without having to make it your favorite.

This will work when you go to simulate your match.

I just noticed the "favorite" option today.

I got it to work today by simply making the team sheet I use for cup matches the default team sheet. It worked just fine, but I'll try the favorite option tonight.

I also booted up the game today and my 2 created team sheets weren't there. I'm positive I saved the game before shutting it off last night.

XaviCatalan 09-24-2014 06:01 PM

Since we're on this topic, has anyone noticed that in Online Seasons, custom Individual Instructions aren't being implemented properly. For instance, as FC Barcelona, when I go to team management at halftime, the instructions I originally made are no longer there; basically, the instructions revert back to the default? Thanks