Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool (/forums/showthread.php?t=764108)

JRT2006 09-25-2014 03:03 AM

JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

2 Attachment(s)
A special shout out and BIG thank you goes out to: Rollo, tdawg3782, and BeantowneS. Your countless effort in finding errors, researching data, and making suggestions made these two tools what they are. I did all the typing, these guys did all the research and thinking.

Updates in Spoiler Box
Spoiler

Each and Every year us Madden fans want the most realistic experience possible, and while some years we get improvements in that aspect, usually there are things in the game that are so far from reality, they are not even fun to use. The Madden NFL Draft is one of those things. Scouting a player with a designated amount of scouting points to reveal grade averages for skill and even further, the complete rating is just unnecessary. We struggle to manage our scouting points, but find ways to decipher the potential of each player scouted, most likely avoiding a bust each draft.
We want to see college stats, combine times, wonderlic scores, and/or even having the chance to run a few practices with a scouted player. We should be given HOURS, not points, and scouting a player or a team of players entering the draft should cost hours. We shouldnt base our judgement off grades, we should base it off scouting notes provided to us by our scouts, and times ran in the combine or stats through their college careers. This gives us, the player, the managers, the opportunity to draft gems in the later rounds and busts in the earlier rounds. The reward, or lack of, would be tremendously greater.
WE WANT TO SCOUT!

SCOUTING TOOL:
Spoiler

Roster Evaluation Tool:
Spoiler

Feedback is welcome, I am no excel expert, everything I've learn has been from online research. If you find a problem, or want to suggest a change to better enhance the scouting process, PLEASE let me know. I want to make this tool as helpful and awesome as possible

****I am not responsible for the outcome of your draft or your team. You've read the description. You've read the rules. This tool does not guarantee you a perfect draft or a perfect roster, there are cheat guides and OS cheese blogs for that. These tools are only here for you to use at your own risk to give managing a football team a more interesting approach****

BeantowneS 09-25-2014 08:55 AM

Re: JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

1 Attachment(s)
Grabbed the update and will try tonight. Thanks for the great work.

Playing with this sheet at work a little and this is much better than the first version. I wanted to share with you this sheet that I created. it allows me to keep track of what I am doing and also shows me all the good dev people for free agency or trading. Hope this helps a little with you and thanks again for your sheet

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

JRT2006 09-25-2014 09:29 AM

ive already found a problem, quick fix i believe. taking care of it now.
The code for the draft board is pulling the wrong grades, its pulling the grades before the needs multiplier is applied. just have to switch around and will upload the repaired tool.

Sreister 09-25-2014 09:46 AM

Can't wait to try this out, though this may be a bit much for me as the thrill of a bust might be minimized. Still, thanks for sharing your work with us all!

andybill 09-25-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRT2006 (Post 2046616162)
4) Scout ONLY to the letter grade result, anything passed that is a waste of points.

Does this mean scout just to the letter with a question mark? (e.g. "B?")
Or, if you scout past that do you get a firm letter (e.g. "B"). I have never scouted past the question mark, so was unsure. thanks for the scouting tool!

JRT2006 09-25-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantowneS (Post 2046616549)
Grabbed the update and will try tonight. Thanks for the great work.

Playing with this sheet at work a little and this is much better than the first version. I wanted to share with you this sheet that I created. it allows me to keep track of what I am doing and also shows me all the good dev people for free agency or trading. Hope this helps a little with you and thanks again for your sheet

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Awesome, I will have a look at your sheet as soon as i finish repairing the one i uploaded. The Big Board is pulling the wrong draft grade, so pretty much what you get on the big board each time is a rank of value, without the needs adjustment.

I thought about creating a free agency/team player evaluation tool.
Player/Team evaluation: you type in the "important" ratings of your players and it grades their fit on your team.
Free Agency Hunt: You type in the "important" ratings of free agents youre interested in, type in your Position Grade (found in the Team Needs area of Madden) and it ranks the most important Free Agents to seek.

JRT2006 09-25-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybill (Post 2046616751)
Does this mean scout just to the letter with a question mark? (e.g. "B?")
Or, if you scout past that do you get a firm letter (e.g. "B"). I have never scouted past the question mark, so was unsure. thanks for the scouting tool!

Yes, just scout to the letter with the question mark, anything after that (which costs a bunch of points) is just a firm overall grade. But I've given each letter an average point value that is pretty close to what the game reflects for an overall (within 10 points I believe)

Also, if you are using the tool now, there is an error with team needs. The tool still works, but the big board that you generate will only rank players by their value, the need multiplier isnt applied.

Currently working on that fix now and will have it updated shortly

JRT2006 09-25-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sreister (Post 2046616702)
Can't wait to try this out, though this may be a bit much for me as the thrill of a bust might be minimized. Still, thanks for sharing your work with us all!

You still gets your busts, or what you think is a bust. This tool is grading players that fit your team, not their overall. Now their overall may be higher than normal because they fit your scheme well, but on any other team it would likely be much lower.

I've drafted 78 overall LT's in the 5th-6th round, 70 overall corners in the 6th round, 64 overall QB's in the 3rd, 55 overall DT's in the 7th. Passed on talent because my big board says I should go for another player, to later find out that the player I passed on was 5 points higher.

It keeps drafting interesting and mysterious still.