Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Football Club Catalogue- Once Redeemable Items (/forums/showthread.php?t=764116)

baseballguy 09-25-2014 05:37 AM

Football Club Catalogue- Once Redeemable Items

What does it mean when items such as "International Management Offer" say they are only redeemable once per season? I redeemed this item, but never received it when starting a new career. I then tried to redeem it again and wasn't able to. Do I have to wait till FIFA 16 to redeem again or is there another way around this?

Thanks for your help!

baseballguy 09-25-2014 07:21 AM

Re: Football Club Catalogue- Once Redeemable Items

Bump. Looking for some clarification

BL8001 09-25-2014 07:54 AM

I am pretty sure, and someone please correct me if I am wrong.

But I think you get to use it one time.

Further evidence to support this would be the availability of 2 of the same funding options in the catalog.

But the international option may be "unlocked" for forever use, like the cm player edit and rematch catalog items behave.

A silly design choice if those 2 items are a one cm use. It's your game, your cm, if you want to start as a billionaire or start with international offers EACH cm you create why shouldn't you be allowed to?

baseballguy 09-25-2014 08:02 AM

Football Club Catalogue- Once Redeemable Items

I couldn't agree more. And unfortunately it seems like there's no way for me to redeem this again. I doubt EA support will accommodate me either. Bummer.

I was hoping at some point the option to redeem it again would unlock but it doesn't seem like it.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Qb 09-25-2014 09:32 AM

In my experience, the career mode catalog items are one-offs that apply to the next career save you load after purchase. Not sure if you can buy them while in career now with the new R3 menu stuff -- if that's what you did, perhaps that's bugged? -- so be sure you load the right save if you buy from the main menu.

There are several of each item spread over the EASFC levels, so you can use them more than once, but you'll have to buy another one. And if it says "once per season" that refers to the career mode season cycle of 7/1-6/30, so make sure you go through the loading screen where it sets up the schedule and advances to the new season. Last year, I made the absent-minded mistake of buying two scout future stars in one season and nothing happened for the second.

As for the international manager offer you redeemed, is it possible it hasn't triggered yet? If you just started that career, maybe it won't happen until later in the season. If you wait a while and it doesn't show, there should be another one in the catalog at a higher level. However, to be safe, you might want to wait until the 2015-16 season starts in your career to redeem it.

Hutton 09-25-2014 09:46 AM

EA really botched up the implementation of these Career Mode catalog "boosts".

The Financial Takeover really isn't any type of "takeover", it's simply a one time influx of money that you get at the club, and must be spent or it is lost (unless you use the Wage/Transfer allocation trick). Not sure why they create this "cheat", then only let you buy it one time.

And the International Manager "cheat" takes a while to work, but eventually (I think it took me a few weeks in 14) you will get an offer.

The explanation for how these are used and what effects they have in your CM couldn't be worse from EA. It's very unintuitive and confusing. Don't buy the Financial Takeover until you know that you are creating (or have already created & are in progress of playing) a CM that you want to apply this to. I made that mistake before and now I'm stuck using one of the two "Takeovers" on my very next CM that I load.

thelasthurtknee 09-25-2014 10:09 AM

hutton, they have a list of what you unlock at what level. Its in the game. You will get a few finacial take overs along the way as well as star youth players. This has worked the same way for years.

Gnemi 09-25-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseballguy (Post 2046616276)
What does it mean when items such as "International Management Offer" say they are only redeemable once per season? I redeemed this item, but never received it when starting a new career. I then tried to redeem it again and wasn't able to. Do I have to wait till FIFA 16 to redeem again or is there another way around this?

Thanks for your help!

It's once per season, so yes, you'd have to wait for FIFA 16.

You can create a support ticket with EA, but don't hold your breath for a positive response. This happened to me last year with a Scout Future Star item and they said they literally couldn't fix it. lol.