Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   NBA Live 15 Shooting System Has Been Rebuilt (/forums/showthread.php?t=764510)

Steve_OS 09-27-2014 10:46 AM

NBA Live 15 Shooting System Has Been Rebuilt

Review Fix has posted an interview with NBA Live 15 producer, Sean O’Brien. Not a lot of new information here, but Sean does mention the shooting system has been rebuilt.

Let's hope we start seeing some more video of it (longer than 15 second clips) in action next week.

Quote:

Review Fix: You guys have said on Twitter that shooting will “feel” better. Can you elaborate?

O’Brien: Sure, mainly it’s the way we rebuilt the shooting system. I’ve explained how we used to separate the gather (the footwork that leads to a shot, layup, dunk or any sort of jumping action) from the shot or the action requested by the player. It felt and looked bad. Momentum wasn’t preserved, and it led to some funky looking and feeling shots and dunks and layups. This should be one of the best and most rewarding things you can do on offense. So redoing that system, preserving the integrity of the motion capture data as well as momentum overall has led to an enormous improvement with shooting. Combining that with signature animation and a really intuitive player indicator and shot feedback system that always gives you an understanding of when you’re in a position to take a good shot makes shooting feel great.

kolanji 09-27-2014 10:53 AM

Re: NBA Live 15 Shooting System Has Been Rebuilt

In all fairness the shooting transitions do look much improved from 14...

ThaLiveKing 09-27-2014 11:04 AM

The momentum thing he's talking about especially with the jump shots was hella annoying, it messed up the rhythm of the jump shot. Notice in the video where LeBron took the jumpshot, he stopped on a dime (also has little lift) to take it. I hope this is how the shooting is all around, because it would be much more realistic.

El_Poopador 09-27-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Also, there was a big focus on general animation fidelity. We weren’t happy with how players moved, what they looked like doing it and how it felt to the player.
This one should make a lot of people happy.

JBulls 09-27-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Poopador (Post 2046622897)
This one should make a lot of people happy.

Sure, if it's true.

The 24th Letter 09-27-2014 12:28 PM

Good stuff....hearing Breen scream "off balance shot!" when I was just trying to pull up for regular J drove me crazy...and it was almost always a miss

bigeastbumrush 09-27-2014 12:32 PM

So show it off then. Get it in the hands of credible outlets.

Stop playing scared and show your hand.

This fear syndrome is part of what holds the game back IMO.

They're so scared that people will dwell on how much it falls short when compared to the competition that they sit on their hands until it's too late to do anything about it.

Someone needs to tell them that the community is not against them. Just been burned too often.

angelstrout 09-27-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush (Post 2046623047)
So show it off then. Get it in the hands of credible outlets.

Stop playing scared and show your hand.

This fear syndrome is part of what holds the game back IMO.

They're so scared that people will dwell on how much it falls short when compared to the competition that they sit on their hands until it's too late to do anything about it.

Someone needs to tell them that the community is not against them. Just been burned too often.

EA killed all momentum they built until changing date to Oct. 28th, a lot if people were for sure going to buy just because it was a different game than competition. I will purchase if I see a demo, without getting a feel for the game it just shows how afraid they're of perception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk