Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K PC Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288)
-   -   The PC Version Truly is the Same... (/forums/showthread.php?t=764540)

Cod 09-27-2014 02:44 PM

The PC Version Truly is the Same...

According to an update on the Steam store page, NBA 2k15 will have Steam Achievements. If true, this will be the first time for the series.

All I need now is confirmation of mod support for the PC version and I'll be in heaven.

bcruise 09-27-2014 02:46 PM

Re: The PC Version Truly is the Same...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cod (Post 2046623371)
According to an update on the Steam store page, NBA 2k15 will have Steam Achievements. If true, this will be the first time for the series.

All I need now is confirmation of mod support for the PC version and I'll be in heaven.

I doubt you're going to get that explicitly from 2k, but people will always find a way....

Cod 09-27-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcruise (Post 2046623374)
I doubt you're going to get that explicitly from 2k, but people will always find a way....

You're right...I'm just curious since 2k/Visual Concepts hired a few guys from NLSC over the past few years. What I'm hoping for is an official mod tool, not a Chinese thing I have to learn by trial and error again.

Goffs 09-28-2014 06:27 AM

The paranoid side of me is that they hired some of the guys that made the modding tools just to make sure 2k15 is no longer moddable.

Seeing the steam achievements is nice though :D

Cod 09-28-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goffs (Post 2046625033)
The paranoid side of me is that they hired some of the guys that made the modding tools just to make sure 2k15 is no longer moddable.

Seeing the steam achievements is nice though :D

The guys they hired did make some modding tools; however, the main tool was made by some Chinese gamers...hence why everything in the tool is written in Madarin.

Saviour13 09-28-2014 02:47 PM

It's probably a long shot to see steam workshop, right?

Cod 09-28-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour13 (Post 2046625889)
It's probably a long shot to see steam workshop, right?

That's a great question. I think the first step is using Steamworks for online modes, which is the case this year since even the physical copies have to be unlocked on Steam. If everything goes well and the terrible online is fixed thanks to Steamworks, you could potentially see workshop integration in the future. The only caution I see is 2k not wanting to piss off the console players.

JBulls 09-28-2014 04:44 PM

Don't forget the NBA, they could be a roadblock to getting workshop implemented.