Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Sliders Recommendation - Ongoing Issue (/forums/showthread.php?t=765433)

Kolbe31 10-02-2014 04:21 PM

Sliders Recommendation - Ongoing Issue

I'm looking for some recommendations for slider settings - some info about my game:

I play offline BAGM on All-Star/Hardcore setting. For as long as I can remember, I have never got good goaltending. It doesn't matter who I have in net, they will be awful playing behind my guys. My goalies usually average a save % around .800 over the course of a season (this goes back a few years, but the trend is continuing in NHL 15). I typically outshoot the opposition 3-1, mainly because I play pretty tight defense because I don't trust my goaltending. I win more than I lose, but it'd be nice to have some competition from the CPU and not have to worry about my goaltending ALL the time.

There's also the issue of lack of penalties, but I don't believe anyone has come up with a solution for this.

Any advice would be appreciated!

mkvitz89 10-02-2014 04:27 PM

Re: Sliders Recommendation - Ongoing Issue

You using any sliders? I use the shams sliders with good results. Competition really varies on which team you play against. For instance im Buffalo and I have a hell of a time just keeping up with a team like Boston. But that works for me cause there should be good variety.

mikeymayhem 10-02-2014 04:32 PM

I had both of these issues before as well but my slider set seemed to help I would use mine ( i just posted them about a hour ago) but set goalie reaction speed to 4/4.... also if you want better shot totals and to not outshoot the cpu I suggest playing superstar especially after the patch cause the higher the difficulty the more aggressive the AI reacts and thats what gets you the penalties.

Gravybutt 10-02-2014 06:52 PM

When you say 4/4, do you mean if the bar was at 0 you go four clicks up? Or are you going from the default in the middle and going either up or down 4?

ParisB 10-02-2014 10:07 PM

What do you have Attributes Effects slider at?

For me, I get more realistic games at 3. At default 5 it's a little more arcadey and higher scoring.

mikeymayhem 10-02-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravybutt (Post 2046641307)
When you say 4/4, do you mean if the bar was at 0 you go four clicks up? Or are you going from the default in the middle and going either up or down 4?

I do it from zero,most slider sets assume from zero...... actually every slider et I have ever seen are from zero hahahah

Gravybutt 10-03-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymayhem (Post 2046642109)
I do it from zero,most slider sets assume from zero...... actually every slider et I have ever seen are from zero hahahah

haha alright thanks man!

Kolbe31 10-04-2014 05:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I've used Sham's sliders for a few games with decent results. Might give Mikey's a try too. One thing I hate is when I feel like the computer can do things that I can't. Pass interceptions, for example, always seem to be corralled nicely by the CPU whereas for me, they mostly just bounce off my stick. Anyway... I'm closer to a great game than I was before, so thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk