Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   *NBA 2K (net/rim) sounds... (/forums/showthread.php?t=765505)

Tommyklaid 10-03-2014 03:30 AM

*NBA 2K (net/rim) sounds...

I already have this game pre-ordered, so it's a Day-1 purchase for me...hands-down. :59:

My only gripe after watching/listening to all of the gameplay vids is the SOUND interaction between the ball, rim, & net.

It seems every time there is a made-basket, there is a swooooosh as if the ball was launched from 3-pt range and hit nothing but net. Also, when the ball hits the rim, it seems to sound like a rock hitting an oil-barrell of some sorts...it's just off.

They have definitely improved on the crowd sounds & player/court sounds, but they REALLY have not perfected the ball-to-rim-to-net sounds that you hear when you are watching a live NBA broadcast on television OR in-person...

A small gripe from myself for what deems to be another AWESOME installment for 2K, but I am in hopes a DEV sees this and does a little HD-sound work for next years installment...hoping I'm not the only one who loves the authenticity to be as close to RL as possible.

#sim

#crossingfingers

MarkWilliam 10-03-2014 04:14 AM

Re: *NBA 2K (net/rim) sounds...

Personally I think the dunk sounds are also iffy......

Vni 10-03-2014 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkWilliam (Post 2046642713)
Personally I think the dunk sounds are also iffy......

You don't like the Street Fighter broken glass sound effect ? :y11:

MarkWilliam 10-03-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vni (Post 2046642722)
You don't like the Street Fighter broken glass sound effect ? :y11:

I once heard the brilliant description of "garbage disposal"...... thought that was genius.... haha.

For the record, I LOVE the game.... but these small details would be great also....

On the topic of dunks, sometimes I also feel the backboard shakes violently on some of them..... if I am not mistaken, that would only happen if players like Shaq pull the ring down with force..... not if Derrick Rose is touch dunking.....

But these things won't prevent a purchase on my end haha....

PPerfect_CJ 10-03-2014 09:10 AM

Anyone remember the sound effect from a missed shot on Double Dribble? ;)

CaCHooKa Man 10-03-2014 09:34 AM

They've been pretty much the same for 15 years

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dU6xWzoL_Uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RevivedZack 10-03-2014 11:41 AM

Thought I was the only one annoyed by this. Definitely needs work for next year.

Colts18 10-03-2014 11:43 AM

Very annoying.