Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K15 Trade Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=765726)

NDAlum 10-04-2014 11:05 AM

NBA 2K15 Trade Discussion Thread

Please use this thread to discuss potential trades in your NBA 2K15 MyCAREER and online leagues.

To help people evaluate your trades make sure to include some in-depth info:

Player/Position
Stats
Salary Info
Team Record
Reason for trade
You going for realism or fair trade?

#1 Rule in this thread

Be respectful of your fellow OS members and do not INSULT, NAME CALL, or BELITTLE anybody or you will be banned.

If somebody is attempting to pull a trade that is one-sided in their favor over the CPU it's alright to point that out. Just be respectful.

John Doe, using the Spurs, comes in here trying to trade two late 1st round picks for Zach Levine because he wants to have a rookie dream-team.

"That trade is not fair to the CPU. Levine just wouldn't realistically be dealt from MIN right off the bat and the Spurs draft picks are not of equal value for Levine. This trade is neither fair or realistic."

That's a constructive criticism of the trade. Be mature when you are in here offering some feedback on a trade.

mqtcelticsfan 10-04-2014 12:30 PM

Re: NBA 2K15 Trade Discussion Thread

How unrealistic would it be to see a team in need of a PG trying to contend be willing to shell out a first round pick for Patty Mills assuming I ignore the injury?

KingTocco 10-04-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqtcelticsfan (Post 2046646914)
How unrealistic would it be to see a team in need of a PG trying to contend be willing to shell out a first round pick for Patty Mills assuming I ignore the injury?

Multiple variables would go into that trade.

1) What team is it?
2) Who is the starter and backups?
3) What # is the potential pick?
4) What kind of system are you running?

mqtcelticsfan 10-04-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets (Post 2046646946)
Multiple variables would go into that trade.

1) What team is it?
2) Who is the starter and backups?
3) What # is the potential pick?
4) What kind of system are you running?

Don't have the game yet, so I don't really have the specifics, but it was an idea I had floating around after his Finals performance. I feel like a healthy Mills could be a fairly valuable trade chip. I'd be thinking of a team like Houston in terms of where the draft pick would fall. Not necessarily that system, but a team of their caliber in need of a PG.

NDAlum 10-04-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqtcelticsfan (Post 2046646914)

I think it would be more unrealistic for a team to trade away a PG who fits their system pretty damn well and who is coming off an amazing playoffs run and just signed a 3-year contract extension with the team.

I just don't think there's a realistic scenario where Mills gets traded

KDurant35 10-04-2014 05:20 PM

NBA 2K15 Trade Discussion Thread

Let's say I'm the Lakers, and I wanted to trade for Sanders, what pieces do you think I could give Milwaukee? Everyone is expendable excluding Kobe & Young

jpshua15 10-04-2014 05:28 PM

Here's a trade I'm thinking of. I'm the Pelicans

Charlotte receives:
F Ryan Anderson
1st round draft pick

New Orleans receives:
F Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

I'm looking to add a lockdown perimeter defender that we desperately need and the Hornets would love to have a high scoring stretch 4 next to Big Al.

Pretty sure the salaries would match up. Is this trade fair?

kmoser 10-04-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDurant35 (Post 2046647704)
Let's say I'm the Lakers, and I wanted to trade for Sanders, what pieces do you think I could give Milwaukee? Everyone is expendable excluding Kobe & Young

I don't believe the Lakers have the pieces to acquire Sanders realistically.