Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Official Team Threads (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   The 2015 New York Knicks: Year 1 of Life "After" Dolan (/forums/showthread.php?t=766624)

ehh 10-08-2014 09:02 AM

The 2015 New York Knicks: Year 1 of Life "After" Dolan

Phil & Fisher are here and hoping to change the culture of the organization. Melo is still here and here for the long haul, will the Triangle transform his career like it did for MJ and Kobe? Dolan needs to stay far removed from basketball operations. The team should battle for the 7-8th spot in a still decrepit Eastern Conference.

Additions
  • Quincy Acy
  • Jose Calderon
  • Samuel Dalembert
  • Cleanthony Early
  • Shane Larkin
  • Travis Outlaw
  • Jason Smith

Guys in camp with a shot
  • Langston Galloway
  • Orlando Sanchez
  • Travis Wear

Subtractions

• Raymond Felton (hooooooooooraaaaaaayyyYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) That will never get old
  • Mike Woodson (horrrrrayyyyyyyyYY!!!!!!!!!!))))
  • Tyson Chandler
  • Shannon Brown
  • Kenyon Martin
  • Toure Murray
  • Jeremy Tyler
Projected Lineup
PG: Calderon/Prigs/Larkin
SG: JR Smith/Timmy/Shump
SF: Melo/Shump/Early/Outlaw
PF: Amare/Bargs/Acy
C: Smith/Dalembert/Aldrich

NYJets 10-08-2014 12:02 PM

Re: The 2015 New York Knicks: Year 1 of Life "After" Dolan

While I don't expect our defense to be good, I'm hoping that a defensive system that actually makes sense will cut down on all the mind bogglingly stupid defensive breakdowns that we saw last year.

Anxious to see the triangle in action, and I'm excited to not have to watch Felton play anymore.

bigeastbumrush 10-08-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYJets (Post 2046664040)
While I don't expect our defense to be good, I'm hoping that a defensive system that actually makes sense will cut down on all the mind bogglingly stupid defensive breakdowns that we saw last year.

Anxious to see the triangle in action, and I'm excited to not have to watch Felton play anymore.

The patented Woody SWITCH.

Have no clue what they'll be like defensively because none of our starters like playing defense. You can only scheme for spots and where guys should be; not intensity. I think we'll be pretty bad TBH.

We may be near the top of the league in assists per game though because of the potential spacing and quick ball movement of the system.

My realistic guess is we finish 40-42 and are battling for the 8th spot.

Hoping we don't make a qualifying offer to Shump. Hasn't done anything to write home about. Package him to a young team.

NYJets 10-08-2014 06:03 PM

Yea, you're right, as bad as Woody's switching was, it was far from the only problem. Focus and intensity wasn't there at all last year.

I just hope a new scheme, and the focus on fundamentals that supposedly they've had so far in training camp will lead to SOME improvement on that end.

Can't deal with another year of this

Jeffx 10-09-2014 12:19 PM

Defensively, it was "same ol' Knicks" last night against the Celtics.

I just read Knicks signed D.Mbenga.

ehh 10-09-2014 01:05 PM

Yep, Melo is still lazy as hell defensively. Early on when he let Olynk go coast-to-coast right past him.... that was just pathetic. Five more years of his ol-lay defense.

bigeastbumrush 10-11-2014 09:39 AM

Forgot to mention how refreshing it was to watch something other than D'Antoni's predictable screen/roll offense after how many years and 2 head coaches.

The triangle wouldve rendered Tyson completely useless as all he could do was roll to the rim.

Funny despite seeing how we should be moving the ball, Melo still is a black hole when he gets it :lol:.

Old dog, old tricks.

bigeastbumrush 10-12-2014 02:11 PM

Can't overstate how big a difference Calderon is from Felton.

Goodness, it is refreshing.

And for Larkin to earn any minutes, he's going to have to take those 2 foot layups instead of passing it out.